View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Perfectlap

did you get the discount?

I always forget to do that.
Have you tried the clay bar? For brand spanking new paint like yours I think a good hour with the Clay Bar should do it. Maybe follow up with Klasse All in One which looks really good on white (my friend did his white CayenneS with it..nice).
Try the Einzett (1Z) insect spray. 1Z's Rubber and vinyl care is excellent on interiors. I use a woolite mixture in a spray bottle for cleaning. All that is available from www.openroadmotoring.com with almost overnight delivery to the metro NYC area.

If you want to seal that couple of hours worth of work I'm using Werstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger after using Klasse All In One http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/acrylic-jett-trigger.php. Klasse's sealant is just way too finicky, Werstatt has figured out how to make it easy to use without streaking. I'm using it on my wheels now to get some use out of it since I won't be sealing the paint again for at least five months.

Follow up with your favorite wax (no protection just 'bling') once a month.
I'm using pink wax now. Natty's Blue from www.poorboysworld.com is popular too. Both give a very wet look which is key for lighter neutral colors like silver or white.

I use the Finish Kare stuff for quick detailing and after washing. That's why the volume of product is important. That other stuff Klasse, Acrylic Jett I only use a few times a year.

also, detailcity.com offers a 10% discount if you sign up for their newsletter. They sell Raggtopp cleanser and Raggtopp protectant for your top, Clay Magic Bars, Klasse, MF towels (with silk binding) all on one site.

and don't forget the advil. Guys who do this for a living are nuts.

p.s.
yes I know I'm OCD abot keeping my BoxsterS clean. I sold my last car for twice the private party blue book value. So it pays off. Now I go for products that will do the job in the least amount of time and Finish Kare is a miracle.
dbth, use the FK 425 on another car (that hasn't been clayed and waxed) and see how the paint feels once you done one single coating. The other guy might buy it from you on the spot.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-10-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote