Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2016, 05:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
I think this is what happens when the north & Eastern folks don't get to drive their Boxster all winter.

Cabin fever plus Porsche withdrawals.
It eats away at you subconsciously at first, you find yourself in bed with the cold sweats reliving all your glorious twisty road trips in your dreams.

Then they find themselves visiting the garage late at night and staring longingly at their covered Boxster, perhaps peeking under now and then to make sure all is truly well underneath.

Then some resort to upgrade projects as they just can't keep their hands off and leave their sleeping babies lay.

Then the obsessive compulsive behavior sets in, constantly checking the trickle charger, starting the car up, checking the fluids, and polishing waxing detailing sessions.

At this point any forum posts seem desperate and panic sets in as they see reports of dead batteries and lock outs concurring with increasing frequency.

They must run to the garage immediately to make sure the Frunk has been left ajar and the trickle charger is still doing its job so they don't fall victim to the same fate.

Us south westerners don't notice their strange behavior much until desperate, emotional and sometimes incoherent posts start coming in.
Say. What is this hibernation thing you speak of ?

95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #22

There are as many opinions and theories on emblem mods as on tires and oil.

My car has this mod from the previous owner. I have found that it really helps with the laminar air flow, and keeps the car planted on the track.
Attached Images

'68 Ford Custom 500; '70 Plymouth Cuda; '71 Ford Econoline; '73 Porsche 914 1.7, 1974 Porsche 914 1.8; '99 Porsche Boxster, '03 Porsche Boxster, '03 Porsche C2 Carrera; '07 Porsche Cayman, 2014 Porsche Cayman.
Cuda911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #23
M31

Garage
Best thread I've read in a long time...helps me with the withdrawal so thanks everyone!
Mine is in winter storage for 22 weeks...tomorrow I start week 13 of walking everywhere.

M31 is offline   Reply With Quote