Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2015, 05:57 AM   #61
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
Just sell your Boxster, spare the rest of us from having to listen to your moaning of cutting down this car.
Buddy, get over it. By it, I mean other people's opinions on this car!

1. It looks exactly like the catfish pictured, eerily.
2. I've brought this up before. I've put more into this damn car in 3 years than my ford ranger in 15. Hell, I'm afraid to sit too hard into the car, and get another F'n CEL!!
3. Will I trade or sell for a Miata? Personally, no way.
4. Not everyone on the interweb will agree with you 100% of the time. Accept this. Let it go. I came to accept some people on here actually LIKE cats!

Bad treatment over the IMS settlement, the AOS issues, sensitive plastic parts that cost $100's, common wear parts that cost $1000+, and so on. A potential buyer had better know this is what their getting into.

Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:01 AM   #62
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Well, it's officially a record, 7 notifications from other board members via email on this topic. As I have said to them before, too bad they don't have the cojones to speak up and be heard, I find that unfortunate but not uncommon in today's society.

I, as man of few and honest words, Prefer to call a spade a spade................

KRAM, you are a thin skinned manchild as I have noted in prior posts:

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/56774-got-break-wear-light-3.html#post445701

Please regale us with more pictures of you in your "No-Mercy" shirt lol. Again I am embarrassed for you.

Perfectlap, while you and I have had our differences please don't let this low grade moron dislodge you from the forum Bard status, your knowledge is quite extensive.

Lastly, as far as "Man Card" points go PL kicks the crap out of Kram (who willingly chooses that username?) since he drives a Wussamatic (that he quickly eliminated from his signature lol).......Over and Out........

P.S. How long have you (Kram) owned a Boxster? Look at PL's sign up date, look at mine..............

Lastly.............How many of your replies offering advice were from actual personal experience (meaning YOU TURNED THE WRENCHES) versus Googling things to make yourself look knowledgeable? Anyone in "The Know" knows..............Like I said....You Are a Manchild.
I'll call a spade a spade. Miatas are far more feminine than a tip in a Porsche. You have valid points, but lost me on the Tip comment. Wasn't cool, nobody should think less of their P car for a Tip trans. Seems they liked it enough to buy it, like a Miata or 2?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:03 AM   #63
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Does it really matter if someone wrenches their own ride or not? Is that what determines if someone is a real Porsche owner or not?
Some of us just don't have the time or space or inclination.....
I'm seeing his point as KRAM offers googled advise, not from experience or from having made the repair personally.

If you have the cash to have it done, you're doing it right. I do it because of the sense of accomplishment and knowing every part and brand that was used.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #64
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
That should be ban worthy.
The A Hole spammers all have more than one post and aren't banned. That's not ban worthy anyway. Continuing some stupid "that car is ugly", "IS NOT" 3rd grade ******************** fest should get someone banned.

Opinions are like what?? (Everyone has one) so mine is different than yours. So what??
Old 06-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #65

You guys are frankly missing my point, Timco caught onto it though. The "Wussamatic" comment was purely to yank Kram's chain, my DD is an automatic and I will never go back to driving a stick day in and day out.

The comment on Kram's inexperience with wrenching was made since he immediately bristles and lashes out at those who have the audacity to question his armchair advice, he hasn't actually done squat on the car himself.

Lastly, to my real point; It worked me up a bit to see him trying to run off PL who's been a member and positive contributor here for over 10 years. Who the heck is KRAM to decide who will and who won't stay?

I rarely come around here anymore, mainly because of people like Kram, therefore to a degree he is right, my opinion probably is less weighted than others. But I will say this; You guys deserve what you put up with.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #66
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
I'm seeing his point as KRAM offers googled advise, not from experience or from having made the repair personally.

If you have the cash to have it done, you're doing it right. I do it because of the sense of accomplishment and knowing every part and brand that was used.
I certainly do not. I research before I turn a wrench on my car. Just because that repair has not happened to my car, doesn't mean I do not know what could cause it or how to fix it.

I'm the only person that turns a wrench on my car. I don't have the equipment to remove, instal and balance tires, so that one gets farmed out. My car has been so reliable, for fun I've done modifications to make it faster. Mods to the interior to make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
The A Hole spammers all have more than one post and aren't banned. That's not ban worthy anyway. Continuing some stupid "that car is ugly", "IS NOT" 3rd grade ******************** fest should get someone banned.

Opinions are like what?? (Everyone has one) so mine is different than yours. So what??
He directly calls me names, that's a violation of TOS. Not just one little hint, but boldly doing it. The guy has zero class and thinks way too much of himself.

Quote:
You guys are frankly missing my point, Timco caught onto it though. The "Wussamatic" comment was purely to yank Kram's chain, my DD is an automatic and I will never go back to driving a stick day in and day out.

The comment on Kram's inexperience with wrenching was made since he immediately bristles and lashes out at those who have the audacity to question his armchair advice, he hasn't actually done squat on the car himself.

Lastly, to my real point; It worked me up a bit to see him trying to run off PL who's been a member and positive contributor here for over 10 years. Who the heck is KRAM to decide who will and who won't stay?

I rarely come around here anymore, mainly because of people like Kram, therefore to a degree he is right, my opinion probably is less weighted than others. But I will say this; You guys deserve what you put up with.
So now you're admitting to trolling me. This forum is better without people like you. Remember the Boogity, boogity, boogity thread? Nobody backed you and you said you were going to leave and not come back, take your own advice. I'm going to push to have you banned, nobody should be subject to your tantrums.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #67

Quote:
I certainly do not. I research before I turn a wrench on my car. Just because that repair has not happened to my car, doesn't mean I do not know what could cause it or how to fix it.

I'm the only person that turns a wrench on my car. I don't have the equipment to remove, instal and balance tires, so that one gets farmed out. My car has been so reliable, for fun I've done modifications to make it faster. Mods to the interior to make it better.

He directly calls me names, that's a violation of TOS. Not just one little hint, but boldly doing it. The guy has zero class and thinks way too much of himself.

So now you're admitting to trolling me. This forum is better without people like you. Remember the Boogity, boogity, boogity thread? Nobody backed you and you said you were going to leave and not come back, take your own advice. I'm going to push to have you banned, nobody should be subject to your tantrums.
Keep Talkin'........................
Old 06-14-2015, 04:52 AM   #68
Brighton Boxster

Garage
Time Out !

Isn't it about time for a moderator to step in and have a fatherly word with these quarrelling kids and suggest that if they wish to continue trashing each other, to do it via PM so the rest of us don't have to put up with it ?
BTW, I have both a Boxster S and a Miata SE, both 2003 vintage, and I like both of them, for different reasons. I still consider myself a male, with Tiptronic in the Porsche (always in "M") and 6 speed in the Miata.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #69

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV9U1k3zJ5o

A practical solution to the controversy......!
Old 06-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #70

Yep, the exchange was unbecoming and should of been confined to PM's, no doubt.

As I stated other members emailed me (believe it not, don't care if you do) and my rub is that they don't have the guts to say something themselves. I obviously on the other hand have no problem speaking up.

Kram and I got off on the wrong foot and it frankly got uglier with every common thread we participated in.

Again, my real rub comes when members start bullying others and actively trying to run them off the forum, as Kram just did earlier here to Perfectlap who's been active and good source of information for over a decade here.

Not that it matters since I rarely come here but he did the same to me awhile back, I sparred with him prior so emotions were involved, not the case with Perfectlap though.

If no other forum members have the guts to stand up to that kind of crap the you guys deserves such bullies......Over and out......

Last edited by coreseller; 06-14-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightonBoxster View Post
Isn't it about time for a moderator to step in and have a fatherly word with these quarrelling kids and suggest that if they wish to continue trashing each other, to do it via PM so the rest of us don't have to put up with it ?
BTW, I have both a Boxster S and a Miata SE, both 2003 vintage, and I like both of them, for different reasons. I still consider myself a male, with Tiptronic in the Porsche (always in "M") and 6 speed in the Miata.
You're from Canada, You Can't be a male...................

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore?
Old 06-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobiam View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV9U1k3zJ5o

A practical solution to the controversy......!

Please refer to the Video section, this is what would occur if Kram and I were to square off in "The Octagon", chairs being launched by other forum members no doubt............

Throw Me a Chair!!
Old 06-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #73

Quote:
Please refer to the Video section, this is what would occur if Kram and I were to square off in "The Octagon", chairs being launched by other forum members no doubt............

Throw Me a Chair!!
Gentlemen....have a seat!

I think there were more chairs in that ring than fans in the audience. I heard somewhere that professional wrestling may be fake....
Old 06-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #74

Wow

This is my first and only forum and these fights seem to occur often. From the outside looking in it seems like some punk ass **************** ..... just sayin. I would like to see something face to face
nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar View Post
This is my first and only forum and these fights seem to occur often. From the outside looking in it seems like some punk ass **************** ..... just sayin. I would like to see something face to face
You haven't been around much have you? Bold Talk................
Old 06-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #76
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Lol. Welcome to the Internet.

Read page one.

General Discussion - AR15.COM

And by face to face, you mean like me fly to Florida and kick your ass because you use a different motor oil? That kind of face to face? Or yell at each other via FaceTime and we get to watch?

Last edited by Timco; 06-14-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #77

Quote:
Comments like this certainly don't help....
Old 06-14-2015, 07:19 PM   #78
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Miata?

After seeing where this thread went I am certain that they are demonic creations that spread hatred and evil across the land. A scourge to be shunned.

Sticking with my Boxsters.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:26 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
The Boxster looks like a Chernobyl catfish

The new miata looks like a striped bass

HA that's funny, the Boxster is kind of wide and flat especially compared with a Miata.

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #80

I liked my NA Miata and I loved my 98 box. I will miss my 986 a lot but the replacement is going replace that miss of it pretty easily I think. I don't think I could spend the money on a Miata when I am getting a 13k mile C6 for 2/3rds the price of he Miata. I know I will have to apply for my AARP card now though.

antny is offline   Reply With Quote