Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 04:22 AM   #1

Anyone a member of the Suncoast Region PCA?

Anyone a member of the Suncoast PCA? I am thinking about joining and attending some events. Thought I would see if any 986 members from here also join in on the fun.

Last edited by ryoder986; 03-25-2015 at 04:25 AM.
ryoder986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #2

I am in the Florida Crown Region, just north of you guys. The FCR does 3 HPDE events a year at Roebling Road Raceway near Savannah, and they also have monthly social events, and pretty regular drive & dine type events. They don't do any autocross though.

I do get emails from the Suncoast region as well, and they do several DEs a year at Sebring, and also a pretty regular autocross schedule. If I was closer I would run with them. I did participate in one of their Autocross events last October at Daytona and it was awesome. I do not know about their social events and drive & dine type events but I imagine they have some.

If you join up on clubregistration.net (it is free) you can search on the Suncoast roster to see what all they have coming up. Right now it shows a DE at Sebring 4/19-4/19, Autocross 4/26, and another 1 day DE at Sebring 5/9 in conjunction with Citrus region (I will be there with my family)

Check out their website:
Suncoast Florida Region – PCA | Suncoast Florida Region – Porsche Club of America

I have enjoyed being a PCA member in the Florida Crown region, it is different than I thought it would be, and it is all good people.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #3
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I have enjoyed being a PCA member in the Florida Crown region, it is different than I thought it would be, and it is all good people.

Steve
Steve, do you ever go to any of the FCR monthly dinners or drive & dines? I haven't been in a while but I think there's the odd chance we may have already met in person before.

-Chris
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #4
Olde Tyme Sport Cars

Yes, been a member for about a year. Great club with great people. They've got lots of events throughout the, social (date your Porsche night every month), autocrosses, driver Ed classes, and the ultimate Porsche event, 48 hours at Sebring at the end of January.
Good and active group.
Chris
history19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserion View Post
Steve, do you ever go to any of the FCR monthly dinners or drive & dines? I haven't been in a while but I think there's the odd chance we may have already met in person before.

-Chris
I have never been to one of the Jacksonville ones before but I did go to the first Gainesville one that was organized by Harvey. And I RSVP'd yes to the most recent Gainesville one that was unfortunately cancelled due to low response.

Did you go to that first one in Gainesville? Or have you been to RRR with FCR or to any of the Buccaneer region autocross events that are held on Amelia Island? If so we may have met

One of these days I am going to come over for one of the FCR events that is over at Brumos - I have never been there yet.

Steve

steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote