Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthservices View Post
Kind of like the Lambos as it seems they made more of those than Honda Accords.
You must be talking about those V10 Lambos. The V12 are the V12.
As a wise old man from Italy once said buying a Lambo and not getting a V12 is like dating Kate Upton after the implants were removed.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-19-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
My biggest fear is that a bird will fly overhead and leave me a present.
My first convertible was an 01 MR2 Spyder. Stopped at a parts store one day for a quick in & out, so I left the top down. When I came back just a few min later, there was a splotch of bird poo about 3 inches in diameter on my windshield and windshield post. Thankfully none in the car. Too close for comfort. Never leave the top down since. Birds love the opportunity. They do practice runs on my driveway, just waiting for the chance to bomb Punkin with her top down.

And here's a cpl photos of Carmen being bombed. Had to leave her outside one night and the birds took advantage.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
My first convertible was an 01 MR2 Spyder. Stopped at a parts store one day for a quick in & out, so I left the top down. When I came back just a few min later, there was a splotch of bird poo about 3 inches in diameter on my windshield and windshield post. Thankfully none in the car. Too close for comfort. Never leave the top down since. Birds love the opportunity. They do practice runs on my driveway, just waiting for the chance to bomb Punkin with her top down.

And here's a cpl photos of Carmen being bombed. Had to leave her outside one night and the birds took advantage.

This is a risk with convertibles. I'm pretty sure there are some forum members that have been bombed while driving with the top down. One reason I usually wear a hat when the top is down.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #24
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post

OMG, this is soooo true. I left my car in the driveway overnight about a week ago and it looked like the birds had a pooping party on my car. From the front bumper to the back bumper, poop everywhere.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #25

Garage
I've actually left mine with the top down all day in my underground parking spot downtown Toronto, no issues (so far)
1977 Lotus Esprit
Honey it's an investment!
Box4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #26

Garage
I live in a small coastal town and leave mine down with a red clip. The worst thing to worry about is the sea gulls.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:11 AM   #27
Luckyed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman View Post
I put the top down in May and back up in November. If the weather's bad, she stays home.
+1 on that!!
Old 03-20-2015, 06:22 AM   #28
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
It really depends on where I am parking and for how long. My main concern is someone messing with the car, so if I can see it from where I am going I may leave the top down. Then I start worrying about birds.

I normally put the top up.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:25 AM   #29

I keep the top down 99 per cent of the time. My rule of thumb is if it is going to set outside for any more than 5 minutes it gets covered. I have an OEM silver cover and can get it covered up in 30 seconds. Hell, if I know it's not going to be driven for more than two days it get covered in the garage too.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #30

Cool

Two little deterents to make jerks think twice before messing with your interior with the top down are old biker classics.........#1 Get an empty gun holster and strap it somewhere in plain sight like the rearview mirror. #2 Put a sticker on your windshield that says " IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AS MUCH AS I VALUE THIS CAR DONT F@#K WITH IT". You would be surprised how effective these things are......
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #31
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCactus View Post
I personally leave the top down (if weather is fine) and put my windows up. I also use the 'Little Red Clip' so that if someone trys to reach into my car for some reason the alarm will go off. My brother learned this lesson as someone ended up cutting his roof just to get a little change from the glove box... ended up costing thousands for $2 of change... I learned from that, keep roof open and save yourself some problems. Thiefs are out there and if they want something they will take it.... leave nothing in view in your car and you should be good.
if you dont have the red clip, you can just push the microswitch with your finger and turn off the car. You dont need to keep the clip in once it is shut off
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #32
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
That is too funny. Around here a Porsche is a rare sight, except for the Cayenne. People stare at my car, people walking on the sidewalks even point at it lol. Going through a drive through and someone always says nice car!

I took my daughter to Kohls one day, she just needed to run in and out, so I stayed in the car. 3 girls are walking towards the car, starring at it, once they get to the car one girl sees the hood emblem and says ecstatically "It's a Porsche!".
Just got done taking my daughter to buy an iPod from a person off Craigslist. We role up on a school bus full of kids and we here one of them yell "Wow look at that Lambo!" lol.