Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 04:39 AM   #1

Houston Boxster Drive

I have a nice route planned for VERY early on Sunday morning this week through Brenham, Belleville, Sealy and Industry (ever heard of it?) if anyone is interested in joining me. I did the run two weeks ago and it was a fantastic morning.

Where to gather: I-10 and Fry Road (exact spot to be determined).

When: I will get there at 5:45 am and leave at 6 am sharp.

Why: Because we tend to forgot excellent twisty driving roads exist just outside of Houston!

How much: I burned about $30 worth of premium plus $1.69 for a cup of coffee.

When will we be done: I have to drop off my nephew at my parent's house no later than 10 am, so I will have to head home by then (the cyclists will be overtaking the roads anyway by mid-morning so it's far more dangerous to drive with them meandering down the back roads).

The reason I drive so very early on Sunday mornings is that to have clear roads, one must get up before the cyclists (Saturdays are always worse as farmers drive tractors around on Saturday, but sleep in on Sunday and go to church). It will be dark at 6 am when we gather at Fry road, but by the time we get to the twisties, it will be dawn and we'll be having fun.

Please PM me if you are interested, and include your email address and a cell phone number so I can contact you.

Disclaimer: Of course, all this is planned if weather permits! Let's not go if it's gonna be raining out there... that's no fun and not safe either.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 04-05-2006 at 04:41 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #2

As one of those

west-of-Houston cyclists, I appreciate the consideration! Have fun!
AutoTop & Silver Front Crest
Houston, Texas
shumphries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #3

Bump goes this thread to the top of the front page again!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #4

Hey, I've only heard from Mark up in Magnolia... so plans have changed for any of you who are still interested in driving tomorrow am!

Time: 6:30 am
Place: Intersection of 290 and 362, just outside of Waller, Texas

We will go from there down to San Felipe, find some breakfast, and drive around that area a bit.

The drive will only last about 2.5 hours or so, so feel free to drive along with us... you'll still hae most of the day to play or go to church or work or whatever it is you need to do!

PM me tonight for my cell phone number.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #5

Well, Mark and I had big fun today!

We drove around and found a dead end road to safely drive fast, and Mark was nice enough to follow me down to breakfast and not make me look wimpy...

I followed him back up the path to the freeway though, and believe me, it's not easy for a small engined Boxster to keep up with a Carerra S4!

Man that P-car can move. I was nearly redlining it to keep up and I don't even think he was pushing it beyond 5000 rpm.

Great driving this morning with beautiful clear skies, cool weather and a new friend!

Mark, I think you should take your Boxster next time so it's just a little even!