Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #1

Help! Door inside microswitch

Hi Guys,
Having a bit of a panic here.. I took my door panel off to fit LED lights to the outer door handle which light up with interior lights. It means when i unlock the car using the remote the leds light up under the door handle (see attached photo).

Everything went great except I have done something to the inside door handle microswitch.

When i pull the door handle from the inside the window doesn't drop. Otherwise the door and window work fine. I have searched high and low for a guide to replacing the INSIDE microswitch on the door handle but have had no luck. I am praying I have simply disconnected the switch by accident.

Has anyone replaced this switch? Is there a wire which plugs into the handle? I have had a look online and i cannot see where it plugs into the handle..

I'm having a slight panic attack here!

Any help would be appreciated

David

discodavieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:38 AM   #2

Seen this online, is this the microswitch? The red wire and the plug I think I see?

Old 11-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #3

I think figure 2 in this diagram is the switch in question:

Pelican Technical Article: Boxster Door Lock Mechanism / Boxster Door Handle - 986 / 987

Possibly that connection got loosened?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #4

Hi Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I am fairly sure that diagram shows the microswitch on the outside door handle. That switch seems to work fine as if i lift the door handle from outside the car then the window drops.

The problem is when I am sitting in the car and pull the door handle to get out, the window doesnt drop and it makes a horrible noise as the window hits off the roof :-(
Old 11-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
Run

I just replaced all mine on my 03. There is one behind the inside handle and one on the outside handle. If I were a betting man I would wager you didn't replug the inside handle. There are two plugs there one for the inside DH light and one to roll down the window.
Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #6

Hi Run,
Thank you for your input. I'm praying you are right.
Do I need to take the door panel off or is the switch accessible from pulling the plastic trim off above the interior handle?
Thanks for your help
David
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Run

You have to take it completely apart but when you push the door up off of the lip on the top of the door be easy on it there is very little play on the wires. The light plug is in front of the plug for the door switch ( I think 3 or 4 inches in separation ) Easy to miss. Other than knocking the switch out ( just pull interior door handle and listen for the click ) only other thing could be a bad switch.
Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #8

That is great Run, thank you for your help
Old 11-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #9

Hi guys,
Quick update, that's it sorted. There is a connector which clips into the back of the handle. When I took the door card off last time I must have bumped it.
Thanks for all your help
David
Old 11-16-2014, 04:05 AM   #10

For anyone who has similar issues, this photo shows the rear of the door card, the wire is the connector for the microswitch for the interior

Tags
handle , inside , microswitch , panic!