Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
You know Bro, it's your whole snarky attitude...

"You could also try using the search function and reading one of the several threads already posted that address this. I know, kind of an extreme thing to do, expecting you to look up your own answers like that..."

"Yeah? Well, seeing as how you seem to like running your mouth, explain to me why members of this forum should re-post answers that have been repeatedly posted in the past just because some lazy, self-entitled lump is too damn lazy to look them up himself. It''s not a matter of superiority, just a matter of expecting people to at least make some small token effort to look for their own answers before bleating for help.

So bite me."

"Some part of "bite me" you didn't understand?"

"Seriously? He heard a bang, a loud squeal, and yet kept on driving. Darwinism at its finest.

You and your pal make a good pair."

"Or do a search before you post a question that has been asked and answered dozens of times already. There are several detailed explanations of the problem and the fix already posted, you just need to look."

^^^^^^^^

The above are all posts you've made in the last two weeks. The first snarky remark is easy to ignore. After that, you're not playing nice and you need to knock it off.

This is a pretty friendly, easy going forum. It's my favorite Porsche forum on the internet. There's a wide variety of guys here ranging from professional mechanics, to track and autoX guys, several very talented entrepreneurs, and guys that don't know which end of an air pressure gauge to use. But they all come here to learn something, to help someone else learn something or for a little camaraderie. There are several of them that have helped me out a bunch with detailed answers to my project questions both on and off the forum. And I very much appreciate the time and effort they give me.

So if someone asks something that's beneath your vast wealth of knowledge, and you're too contemptuous to help with an answer, maybe instead of a snarky response, ignore it, or just trot over to Horton's, grab a couple of glazed donuts, a cup of coffee (decaf in your case) and read the editorial page in the paper. I'm sure there's plenty there for you to get excited about.

Meanwhile, if you want to post here and be an ass, there are a few guys that are going to call you out for an attitude check and maybe you'll relax a little.

So before you hit "reply" and start to flame me, and make yourself look even worse, go enjoy your donuts and coffee...

Rick
Mmmmmmmm.....donuts.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #22

I took another swing at it today but it was so friggen humid I bowed out and installed the GT3 front bumper instead . I'll get back to it next weekend. Thanks to all that chimed in.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I took another swing at it today but it was so friggen humid I bowed out and installed the GT3 front bumper instead . I'll get back to it next weekend. Thanks to all that chimed in.
It's fairly simple...as long as you get all the screws out. The one that I missed was under that false bottom in the glove box. If memory serves, there are TWO screws to remove from the glove/oddment box.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #24

Today I finally was finally able to remove the console, the screw I missed was under a funny looking tiered thing in front of the little cubby in the rear I think it is a coin holder ? Anyway once that screw was out I was able to wrestle the console out. As I studied the shifter and the access under it once the console is out of the way I decided NOT to remove the shifter. Now remember my shifter coupling was just laying on the floor under the shifter once it popped off. I marked the cable with a sharpie and removed the coupling. I took the new coupling and put some lithium grease in the cup. I slid it under the shifter, lined it up and placed a small pry bar under it. With some pressure it popped right on I heard a solid click. Then lined up the cable end and was done. It literally took one minute to do. I started the car on the lift and went through the gears everything worked as it should. I double/triple checked that linkage to make sure it was on there then put the console back in. I am glad that job is done !
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 09-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Today I finally was finally able to remove the console, the screw I missed was under a funny looking tiered thing in front of the little cubby in the rear I think it is a coin holder ? Anyway once that screw was out I was able to wrestle the console out. As I studied the shifter and the access under it once the console is out of the way I decided NOT to remove the shifter. Now remember my shifter coupling was just laying on the floor under the shifter once it popped off. I marked the cable with a sharpie and removed the coupling. I took the new coupling and put some lithium grease in the cup. I slid it under the shifter, lined it up and placed a small pry bar under it. With some pressure it popped right on I heard a solid click. Then lined up the cable end and was done. It literally took one minute to do. I started the car on the lift and went through the gears everything worked as it should. I double/triple checked that linkage to make sure it was on there then put the console back in. I am glad that job is done !
Congrats!

Which linkage did you go with?
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #26

I went with the OEM part for 19.00 with a PCA discount hard to pass up. And if it lasts as long as this one ( assuming it's never been replaced ) that will give me another 12 years of shifting !