Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #21

Garage
I am speechless. Timco - I hope you get your health squared away. I had a perforated small instestine nearly 30 years. I was underinsured at the time and if it wasn't for family things would not have turned out well. I was ruined financially for many years, but eventually recovered financially. Sitting here now, reading all of that happened to everyone else recently makes my crappy day insignificant.

BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #22
I am my own mechanic....

Now I'm worried someday when I sell it will have diminished value.

"Says here on the Carfax report that a gallon of paint was spilled in the frunk??"
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #23
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFeller View Post
I am speechless. Timco - I hope you get your health squared away. I had a perforated small instestine nearly 30 years. I was underinsured at the time and if it wasn't for family things would not have turned out well. I was ruined financially for many years, but eventually recovered financially. Sitting here now, reading all of that happened to everyone else recently makes my crappy day insignificant.
Wife is a professor at the U so we have excellent health care ins. Otherwise an appendix or similar or less can be devastating.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #24
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kls View Post
Bought a gallon of paint from a local hardware store last week and as I reached to put it on the floor of the passenger side, it dumped on my lap, the seat, the center console, and spattered on the door panel. They admit the lid wasn't attached properly, but they're not sure that it's their responsibility since I had left the store and it happened in THEIR parking lot. First bid was $8,000.
This is horrible beyond belief. I'm really sorry to hear that. Certainly the right atty can help negotiate some settlement. It certainly has to be leak proof. I've been credited the paint cost for a lid that came off and dumped in my truck bed.

This is a horrible story, bro.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #25

Sometime it seems like sh_t happens in two's or three's.

1. Take care of your health. The rest is in the noise.

2. Now for the noise. It looks like your spill is mostly carpet. Just replace it. It's not worth trying to save it. It's an easy R/R if you decide to DYI. Perhaps even therapeutic!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #26
I am my own mechanic....

Second pass and you can barely see where it spilled. Maybe I'll just spray paint the rest black tomorrow.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #27
kls

Quote:
Second pass and you can barely see where it spilled. Maybe I'll just spray paint the rest black tomorrow.
On another forum a guy recommended Krud Kutter for the paint and it really was amazing. Don't use it on leather, but it will take paint off the plastic - might work on the carpet too.
kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #28

Not sure if they handle paint, but I'd give Cougar a call over at Luxe Auto Spa. Better yet, drive on over and see what they are working on. First left after crossing State if you are traveling west on 4500 S. Got to drive around the corner and that insta-loan/check cashing? (or whatever it is on the corner) to get there.

https://www.facebook.com/LUXEAutoSpa

Just started my second tour at the U this past week. Not only is the insurance excellent, can't sneeze at 14.2% U contribution into retirement either.

Last edited by cfos; 08-22-2014 at 06:55 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #29
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
Not sure if they handle paint, but I'd give Cougar a call over at Luxe Auto Spa. Better yet, drive on over and see what they are working on. First left after crossing State if you are traveling west on 4500 S. Got to drive around the corner and that insta-loan/check cashing? (or whatever it is on the corner) to get there.

https://www.facebook.com/LUXEAutoSpa

Just started my second tour at the U this past week. Not only is the insurance excellent, can't sneeze at 14.2% U contribution into retirement either.
My wife is an Anthro professor. Lots of isotope chemistry research and human prehistory.

Bad lighting for a camera phone but it washed out 99.2%. Not noticeable at all. Removed plugs from under and washed paint out & under then shop vac the floor.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #30

That's impressive!

I think you've mentioned that before. I'm o'er on the "upper" campus; while I'm happy to be back... God that Foothill traffic...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #31

Well, my MSD ignition for my 914-6 conversion is bad. So after 4 months of hard work (and 4 years of prep) of pulling the engine and installing the -6...I have to wait another 2-3 weeks to start the engine for the first time.

Yeah...so terrible! But just annoying.

http://imgur.com/a/k0Wtl - My 914-6 Build/Project Story
patssle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
FYI, that is Vanilla.

OMG, how did that even happen ? I feel for ya. If that happened to me I'd be yelling choice words for hours.

And BTW this is exactly why I do all my errands in my old 1993 Ford Ranger.

Last edited by gmboxster; 08-23-2014 at 09:47 AM.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #33

note to self. Always ask for a bag. make that double bag.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #34

At least you guys still have a car, whether it is burnt or stuff spilled in it...

I was suppose to get my Boxster by August 4th, pick up point is Baltimore... still not here. New company shipping for the government, and well, they lost it somewhere between Virginia and Maryland. It left Germany on 20 June, arrived in Norfolk on 29 July, and from there, no one knows.
mump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mump View Post
At least you guys still have a car, whether it is burnt or stuff spilled in it...

I was suppose to get my Boxster by August 4th, pick up point is Baltimore... still not here. New company shipping for the government, and well, they lost it somewhere between Virginia and Maryland. It left Germany on 20 June, arrived in Norfolk on 29 July, and from there, no one knows.
So you wouldn't recommend Obama Shipping Company?
Old 08-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #36
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
So you wouldn't recommend Obama Shipping Company?
why does anything even distantly related to the government if it is the slightest bit bad all of a sudden be Obama.... and anything good is Reagan....?

probably opening a can of worms......
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
why does anything even distantly related to the government if it is the slightest bit bad all of a sudden be Obama.... and anything good is Reagan....?

probably? c'mon now!

Throwing political references into any non-political discussion is like dropping a silent but deadly fart at your first dinner with the in-laws. Just makes me people equal parts uncomfortable and irritated while everyone thinks they absolutely know who the culprit is.

p.s.
Politics: a total self delusion and spectacular farce, created through the dissemination of half truths by for-profit "news" networks whose sole purpose is to inflame the target audience while pundits get paid lucrative book, television and radio contracts and the networks rake in the ad revenue with a snow plow. Meanwhile the tricky balance of governance gets completely destroyed through polarization of constituents who get all their manipulated information from sitting on the couch. Politics has been proven time and time again to be the least efficient, most expensive and least consequential avenue for affecting even marginal improvement to anything it claims to want to "fix". That's my take.

But this is an even better one:

What Is Politics?

A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I'm the breadwinner of the family, so let's call me capitalism. Your Mom, she's the administrator of the money, so we'll call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the people. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,"

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents' room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep poo."
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-23-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #38

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now thats what I'm talking about Timco. Good job!!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #39

Wow, major undie pitch. Some extremely uptight and defensive people in here. Let the comedic posts continue.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #40
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post

None of that really matters anyway...it was all Bush's fault, right?