Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2014, 04:19 AM   #21

When I started this thread one of the options I considered was vct tile because I could set up my own pattern and match the color of my Boxster. Really appreciate you guys with that kind of floor weighing in. Thanks.

schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #22
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
obviously many people have a lot more disposable income than I do and look at their cars more than drive them. I have 3 porsches and collectively put probably 40K on them annually which translates to lots of oil changes, maintenance, etc. Needless to say, my garage is a working garage, not a display area. I barely have time to clean it up before the next project begins. So for my main garage right now, it is just a bare sealed concrete floor which I hope one day to find time to add a couple coats of good epoxy paint. I have a second garage that I use more for extra vehicle storage, parts and tire storage, etc that I painted with a good quality epoxy gray paint for around $150. It has held up good and looks great, but as I said, it doesn't get the abuse the work garage does. If I ever do anything else to the work garage it will probably be the same epoxy paint since it is economical and when it does get messed up it will not be the end of the world. If I can't do what I need to do on it for fear of messing it up, it isn't worth much to me. Got to go mess up my garage floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Wow, how do you spend $40k on maintaining 3 cars? Are you tracking them?

At that cost, you could just buy 2 Boxsters and a 996 every year and keep the old ones for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
He said that he puts 40K on them. He drives a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I think he means 40,000 miles.
Oops, brain fart.
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #23

Hi Chuck, the flooring work done in your garage is marvelous. i want to do the same in my garage as well. My garage is filled with junk and its floor is concrete and untidy. I want a epoxy floor coating done in my garage. I have hired a professional epoxy floor contractors from Toronto. I will post the pics of the new looks of my garage soon.

Devil is offline   Reply With Quote