Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #21

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to saintdrug
Yes this is CY indeed I thought to fight for this in every way I am not rich my dream was to own a porsche just as I came achieving it I fall down but my health is OK all help is appreciated it even if we can find the parts I need in the states or UK and someone can help with shipping would be highly remembered and if or day I have enough money I will repay because in a difficult time they help and I don't forget I am prepared but I didn't expect this accident however I will fight through this because I am alive and well Thank you all even your words help

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

www.blackhatethicalhacking.com
Boxster 2.7 2002 with Bose Proud Owner
saintdrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:54 AM   #22

Garage
ok Just came from the mechanic, he told me i need the below things:

Front Control Arm x 2
Rear Control Arm x 2
Track Control Arm x 2
Steering Knuckle Front Right x 1
Front Suspension Shock Absorber Strut x 2
Rear Suspension Shock Absorber Strut x 2

he said this is what he needs in order to put back the tires together so that we can take it to the machine that will check the car and fix the chassis.

After that, i will need:
1 Front Bumper
1 Side Thing *Dont know whats called* (Please check second pic and tell me what it is called)

And the cost of fixing and putting everything together to start with.

Can you please guide me and help me with links, or contacts preferably UK because its the closest country they deal with parts for cars to send to Cyprus.

I want to know the cost of the above, i have 1.500 euro to start with, i think the above are like 4000 euro at least which means, no hope. at least i will start ordering some parts to start with, any help would be highly appreciate it.

whatever help you can give me is much appreciate it.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #23
I am my own mechanic....

After seeing pics, looks damn near totaled.

I'm confused. Here if you have a loan on the car you are required to carry full coverage insurance for this reason exactly. The bank owns your car and their car is wrecked and almost worthless as it sits.

You must have been moving.......sorry but that's a lot more than 4k in parts, labor, body work, paint, wheels, and so on. Then loss of value due to major accident.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 AM   #24

Garage
That front fender will run very high, if it can not be fixed. If you have a running engine, you may be best to sell parts off of this car or the whole thing. The front is pretty badly damaged but porsche parts are worth alot, as you have learned. A euro forum member may be interested in buying your car from you. They won't be able to pay what you did for your car, but you may actually lose less money that way.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 AM   #25

^ that booster looks totally destroyed.
mump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:39 AM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
After seeing pics, looks damn near totaled.

I'm confused. Here if you have a loan on the car you are required to carry full coverage insurance for this reason exactly. The bank owns your car and their car is wrecked and almost worthless as it sits.

You must have been moving.......sorry but that's a lot more than 4k in parts, labor, body work, paint, wheels, and so on. Then loss of value due to major accident.
Do not forget that that is likely euros, so 8k is fairly close, but as you said, might as well be totaled.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #27
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Do not forget that that is likely euros, so 8k is fairly close, but as you said, might as well be totaled.
That's right. So he's looking at 4k Euro (17,500 US?) just to get it rolling. Seems an axel is in order.
I wouldn't put 10 Lira towards that. That car will never be a Porsche again unless it's a total rebuild as a track car.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
That's right. So he's looking at 4k Euro (17,500 US?) just to get it rolling. Seems an axel is in order.
I wouldn't put 10 Lira towards that. That car will never be a Porsche again unless it's a total rebuild as a track car.
Did not the know the conversion rate was to that point. But yes I would suggest parting it out, top and engine seem to be good.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #29
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Did not the know the conversion rate was to that point. But yes I would suggest parting it out, top and engine seem to be good.
It's not. Just kidding.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:18 AM   #30

Garage
4k is 8000 dollars for everything parts and labor I bought the car 27k usd I will fix it thanks for the feedback but u will see at the end that even if I have to wrk night and day will find the money and fix it. I was expecting more info and help rather than total loss thanks anyways when I'm done I will show u the result I set my mind to it

Old 06-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintdrug View Post
4k is 8000 dollars for everything parts and labor I bought the car 27k usd I will fix it thanks for the feedback but u will see at the end that even if I have to wrk night and day will find the money and fix it. I was expecting more info and help rather than total loss thanks anyways when I'm done I will show u the result I set my mind to it
That is a high premium to pay on the island, that could buy a practically new 987 base here. I am detrimentally sorry for you loss, hopefully some people from your area can suggest parts places, idk about shipping internationally but check out suncoast Porsche. And pelican parts.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #32

Garage
i dont know guys how you can help, but i stayed all night, and managed to get every single part to fix my porsche, today i have a meeting with the guy who will put it in a special machine with lasers to check what moved (chassis etc..),
the cost of items needed is 2000 euro, including shipping, i am short 1000 euro. i hope nothing gets sold by then (saving this money).
as i said i set my mind to it, i will do this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111384315013
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121347977213
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281363900614
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281360608193
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380658270236
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380658269182
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271526635928
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161174472274
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400702298653
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400597405526
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301204823498

Last edited by saintdrug; 06-22-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #33
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I hate to say it, but I think it would be cheaper to buy a different car.
Maybe even cheaper to get a rolling chassis and put your motor into it.

That car is finished.

Even with extensive repairs, it will never be the same and you will have dropped more money into it than you would by just buying another.
With an impact that hard, it will not be straight.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #34

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I hate to say it, but I think it would be cheaper to buy a different car.
Maybe even cheaper to get a rolling chassis and put your motor into it.

That car is finished.

Even with extensive repairs, it will never be the same and you will have dropped more money into it than you would by just buying another.
With an impact that hard, it will not be straight.
Won't give up
The chassis is untouchable he just said just wait and see the final outcome I'm not the first to have an accident and I'm not a type of person who let's go I care about this car more than anything

Old 06-22-2014, 04:14 AM   #35

Chris,
Your determination is admirable. However, I think the folks here that are telling you that your car appears to be totaled are trying to help you. You've had the car for 2 weeks; you are very new to P-cars and what they cost to repair. It is obvious from the photos of the car that this was not a low speed impact. It takes a pretty brutal blow to break suspension parts at all 4 wheels.

I've seen Porsches (Boxsters included) with way less visible damage than yours written off as total losses by insurance companies. Insurance companies don't make decisions based on emotion, they make decisions based on cost and risk. I fear that you are making an emotional decision in trying to rebuild at all costs. You may end up spending more than your car is worth just to fix, only to be left with a car that is still not correct and a loan on the vehicle.

I advise against borrowing money from your parents, it's one thing to be emotional with your own money, it's quite another to ask your parents to borrow money for the same purpose.

I am so very sorry that you are in this situation..

Last edited by shadrach74; 06-22-2014 at 04:27 AM.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:19 AM   #36
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Won't give up
The chassis is untouchable he just said just wait and see the final outcome I'm not the first to have an accident and I'm not a type of person who let's go I care about this car more than anything
Sorry about your car. I know you are set on fixing it, but you may want to listen carefully to the folks on this forum who have been in positions similar to yours. They are doing what they can to help you.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #37

Garage
I have read and I appreciate your concern and advise but the final decision is mine I might not be rich I might be new to porsche but after this is over I might be the first to save the car of my dream and not treat it as mobile phone I will fix it I will drive it always just like bill Gates kept driving his old porsche it's sentimental 2000 3000 euro won't make me poorer but rich in sticking and not giving up on something no the car bumped on from one sidewalk to another with 40km/h it looks bad in the picture but the experts here said it will be fixed and better he showed me a BMW there ready and told me this was way beyond the porsche and back too accident and I could not tell even with paint job finishing it's hard it will sound I am stupid but let the final outcome be judged at the end I love and appreciate porsche so much that I won't let this car just go I'm weak but I'll get strength my parents I just bought tickets to Italy for my mom one day before my accident to show her appreciation and my dad is here for me as I was for them I will pay them back I just ask help from all around me I'm difficult times like I stand for who ever is there God is here wish me luck Trust me u will be so amazed of what someone can do especially with determination I might be new in this first timer but u will be amazed what someone noobish like me can make pro look like been there myself in something else but same concept no offense I appreciate ur idea just one of u try my side of the story and guide me thanks again all

Old 06-22-2014, 05:02 AM   #38
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Won't give up
The only thing worse than reading about someone's 986 being wrecked is offering solid advise and being told "no way, just wait" while they act on emotion.

1...Your priorities are way off. You should care about your mom, dad, and family more than the car. She is willing to ask her boss for an advance to help you get that totaled car ROLLING, not fixed.

2...You had that car 2 weeks. The pic of it wrecked on the road was not on the freeway. How many times the speed limit were you traveling to cause that damage? You obviously put your own life and everyone else on the road that day (city streets) in danger. I'm not sure this is the right car for you. NO EXCUSE is valid for endangering everyone around you, even late for the airport with no coffee.

3...Did you see Big Jake's car pics? You could have that fixed in 10 minutes compared to yours...Yes, anything is possible with enough time & money but NO ONE is going to fund getting that rolling. This will indeed be one of those life lessons about driving faster than your insurance can fly.

4...NO ONE will want that car when you are done. It will never be a Porsche again. It will always have effects from that impact and will always have a rattle or a gremlin riding with you. Engine, trans, mounts, steering box, all of that was shocked massively.

5...I simply cannot believe in a civilized country that you were not required to FULLY insure a car that has a bank note. How much monthly did you save on insurance? Did that make the car payment doable? You drove a car at those speeds with insurance that won't cover your own mistakes? Are you immune to driving mistakes? Does not seem that way. Bottom line is if you don't have 4k of whatever country's denomination laying around, this is not the car for your budget.

Look man, this is always a terrible topic. Wrecked cars can be heart breakers. But you are asking the public to cover your lack of driving, financial and insurance decisions to rebuild a car that experts on here (not me) are telling you is not a wise investment, no matter how much you had to pay due to location. In this country you would be ticketed for your driving after the accident, and your bank would already have drafter a very carefully worded letter about how you intend to cover their loss.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #39
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
I have read and I appreciate your concern and advise but the final decision is mine I might not be rich I might be new to porsche but after this is over I might be the first to save the car of my dream and not treat it as mobile phone I will fix it I will drive it always just like bill Gates kept driving his old porsche it's sentimental 2000 3000 euro won't make me poorer but rich in sticking and not giving up on something no the car bumped on from one sidewalk to another with 40km/h it looks bad in the picture but the experts here said it will be fixed and better he showed me a BMW there ready and told me this was way beyond the porsche and back too accident and I could not tell even with paint job finishing it's hard it will sound I am stupid but let the final outcome be judged at the end I love and appreciate porsche so much that I won't let this car just go I'm weak but I'll get strength my parents I just bought tickets to Italy for my mom one day before my accident to show her appreciation and my dad is here for me as I was for them I will pay them back I just ask help from all around me I'm difficult times like I stand for who ever is there God is here wish me luck Trust me u will be so amazed of what someone can do especially with determination I might be new in this first timer but u will be amazed what someone noobish like me can make pro look like been there myself in something else but same concept no offense I appreciate ur idea just one of u try my side of the story and guide me thanks again all

There is no way you will convince me that car suffered all that damage and went from curb to curb at 40km/h. (about 24.8mph) And you were going that slow even though you were late for the airport and had no coffee and rushed out the door? Come on....
Old 06-22-2014, 06:46 AM   #40

I'm a first time poster but I've been reading this forum for quite awhile. I got my 2003 Boxster S last year. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and don't want to offend anyone, but this really sounds like a scam. Way too much damage for 40km/h. ____________

vdoman_pro is offline   Reply With Quote