Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #1

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to saintdrug
Fixing My Boxster

Hello friends,
I will start the process to order the parts damaged for my boxster from the accident I had yesterday.
need your help and patience if you may thank you.

I will get a list from my mechanic by next week, but he is Cypriot so I have to try to find the right word in English so I can search from ebay, if you can tell me a good site from UK that can sell spare parts would be great so I send them an email with all the things.

for time being,

he said I need to change the 4 *WORD MISSING* that hold the tires on front, those broke from the impact, do you know what he is talking about?

www.blackhatethicalhacking.com
Boxster 2.7 2002 with Bose Proud Owner
saintdrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:14 AM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

Didn't you just get this car? What happened? Sorry you had an accident. Pics of damage would help know what you're referring to. Is it driveable?

Bolts?
Ball joints?
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:39 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Didn't you just get this car? What happened? Sorry you had an accident. Pics of damage would help know what you're referring to. Is it driveable?

Bolts?
Ball joints?
I did man not even 2 weeks, had to wake up to go to Athens on a business trip, woke late, had 30 minutes to go (20 minutes away the airport) no coffee nothing, so I lost track of the car while on the curve, and bumped on the sidewalk and hit a sign completely, I will go this Saturday to where I sent it and take good pictures of the damage, no its not drivable, the 4 wheels carriers thing I don't know what they are called broke (2 front) the suspensions? I don't know what they are called, front bumper, the rims damage, I am estimating around 1000-2000 euro at least for parts.

I am very very sad, and I am trying to take all my savings which is 2K to use it on this now.

I will give all the details on Sunday evening after I meet with them and see what we need.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:46 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintdrug View Post
I did man not even 2 weeks, had to wake up to go to Athens on a business trip, woke late, had 30 minutes to go (20 minutes away the airport) no coffee nothing, so I lost track of the car while on the curve, and bumped on the sidewalk and hit a sign completely, I will go this Saturday to where I sent it and take good pictures of the damage, no its not drivable, the 4 wheels carriers thing I don't know what they are called broke (2 front) the suspensions? I don't know what they are called, front bumper, the rims damage, I am estimating around 1000-2000 euro at least for parts.

I am very very sad, and I am trying to take all my savings which is 2K to use it on this now.

I will give all the details on Sunday evening after I meet with them and see what we need.
Man, that's not good to hear, hope all gets sorted soon and you're ok.... it is only a car after all, as much as we all love our Boxsters....... health and life come first...!!

All the best and good luck..

Si.
SKOOSH1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:06 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOOSH1970 View Post
Man, that's not good to hear, hope all gets sorted soon and you're ok.... it is only a car after all, as much as we all love our Boxsters....... health and life come first...!!

All the best and good luck..

Si.
Indeed, thank you my friend I appreciate it.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #6
I am my own mechanic....

May want to weigh what the total fix including body & paint comes out to vs how much your insurance will go up for a single at fault claim or if they cancel what another carrier would charge. This may be expensive and you want it made whole and done right.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:57 AM   #7
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Hello friends,
I will start the process to order the parts damaged for my boxster from the accident I had yesterday.
need your help and patience if you may thank you.

I will get a list from my mechanic by next week, but he is Cypriot so I have to try to find the right word in English so I can search from ebay, if you can tell me a good site from UK that can sell spare parts would be great so I send them an email with all the things.

for time being,

he said I need to change the 4 *WORD MISSING* that hold the tires on front, those broke from the impact, do you know what he is talking about?
Sorry to hear about accident. I believe the missing words would be lugbolts that wheels attach to. Then you would need lugnuts to secure the wheels. And I think there are 5 of each if I remember correctly?!
Cheers, Guy
PS I am assuming you mean wheels/tires in this context?
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
Sorry to hear about accident. I believe the missing words would be lugbolts that wheels attach to. Then you would need lugnuts to secure the wheels. And I think there are 5 of each if I remember correctly?!
Cheers, Guy
PS I am assuming you mean wheels/tires in this context?
correct, I will get more details this Saturday to see it up close with my mechanic.

Insurance wont cover anything because I have 3d party.

also, the estimation is around 2000 euro to 3000 euro including the fees.

but that says nothing unless we see it part by part.

lug bolts, lets try deeper, the tire broke completely, from whats holding it, so I will be looking for the the part that is locks the tire, I guess

Last edited by saintdrug; 06-18-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post

Bolts?
Ball joints?

There is a picture of the damage on the 'what did you do to your boxster today' thread. Just from the picture - both headlights, bumper and IIRC the hood all seemed to be damaged.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #10

Garage
The head lights thank god are not damaged they just flew out and I saved them the hood can be fixed just the bumper is total loss iirc what is that here is the photo but will get more on Saturday

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

Old 06-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #11

Garage
IIRC is shorthand for "If I Recall Correctly'.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #12

Garage
Thanks ok got it right it was some terminology for the car lol

Old 06-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
Damn Yankee

Garage
You have the flying headlights on your Boxster?

Does anyone know the option code for that?

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #14

Garage
U want the code of the head light?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #15
On the slippery slope

Garage
He was making a joke LOL
Probably lost something in the translation
No harm, No foul
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #16
Damn Yankee

Garage
Yes Chris, I was just making a joke.

There is no such option as "flying headlights", but you were indeed fortunate that yours ejected at the time of your accident, as their replacement cost would have eaten up ALL of your budget.

Just tryin' to make you smile a little now, as I know you must be in great distress over the accident.

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #17

Garage
You got it right thank you I did smile actually my true smile will come soon while I save up, and start fixing it my savings are 1000 euro my family will contribute so soon I will start buying some parts I'm sure one day soon coz I got my health and your support and making me smile 😊

Old 06-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #18

Garage
Best of luck with this, nothing could be worse than owning a boxster for such a short time before something like this happens.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #19

Garage
Indeed, for now it will be hard, my mom just got a loan to help me asking 1000 euro from her boss and to deduct 250 euro per month, my dad unfortunately cannot, I know I am 32 years but life is hard, I have a great career but underpaid.

Chris Abou-Chabké - Cyprus | LinkedIn

Is who I am.

I will go this Saturday to see the car, they said that it needs around 4000 euro so I will be around 3000 euro short, I would really appreciate freely your support for whatever amount you can, to try and help me try to fix my only dream, its sad because I have to pay also 400 euro per month because I still owe 11K euro for the car for 3 years, and now I cannot even drive it.

Any donation will be highly appreciate it, and I can put your names for remembrance on my personal gaming website, (I am also known there).

This is the only I thought I could also get some support until I save each month some more and more to order things so I can start fixing it.

God be with all, and again, would help me a lot, I thought I would ask, it doesn't hurt, since it will be a hard road.

thank you all.

Welcome to no.Limit Clan - Official Website!

From my website will link to me.

Thanks all who will help me with any amount, I need to reach this 4000 euro and right now I am short €2500.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Any donation will be highly appreciate it, and I can put your names for remembrance on my personal gaming website, (I am also known there).
Trust me that may not go well, I wish you the very best of luck though. With Porsche ownership you have to expect the unexpected, and make sure you are financially prepared. Be on the look out for parts from salvage yards and such, some of the parts you need can be found for a decent amount. I know your location will make things difficult, and that is why I wish you the best of luck.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote