Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #1

Resurrection

I'm finally able to start working on the '00 that I bought that was supposedly a flood car. I've swapped out the computers and viola it starts. Sounds like an asthmatic version of Scooby Doo but it starts. I'm certain the below pics are a huge portion of my problem and I need some guidance on the correct parts to pick up and diagrams to be looking at:

A little help please!!!

Duquette5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #2

You need to get a diagnostic tool on it that reads the fuel trims and fault codes. (durametric is the most useful info since it also displays some of the extra Porsche specific values on top of the generic OBDII codes)

Once you get some feedback for us we will have more suggestions.

The only issue I see from those pics is the disconnected vacuum hose that I think might need to be connected to the power steering booster.

I assume you've pulled the air filter and cleaned the MAF already.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #3

That big hose I believe is your brake booster hose and that would cause a major vacuum leak being disconnected from the intake manifold.a
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Assuming that you don't have a scan tool, I would start with the basics.

As stated above, find and fix your vacuum leaks, clean the MAF (I would also clean the throttle body), new air filter, check plugs and replace fuel if you didn't already (I'm assuming that with flood damage that it sat for a while).

If those things haven't been done, they need to be done anyway. Aside from that, you really need to get a scan tool on it.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #5

Been awhile since I posted, Life gets in the way of the fun projects. I pulled and clean the throttle body fixed the vacuum leaks and get a decent idle. However, I still need to clean the MAF and replace the fuel. It's registering at almost half a tank, is there a way to drain the gas without removing the tank?
Duquette5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duquette5 View Post
Been awhile since I posted, Life gets in the way of the fun projects. I pulled and clean the throttle body fixed the vacuum leaks and get a decent idle. However, I still need to clean the MAF and replace the fuel. It's registering at almost half a tank, is there a way to drain the gas without removing the tank?
Pull the connection from the fuel rail from the tank and jumper the fuel pump relay.

Shouldn't take long. If the fuel looks like crap -- consider replacing the fuel filter
and maybe have your fuel injectors cleaned.

Mike

seningen is offline   Reply With Quote