Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #1

Real Racing 3

I missed getting the 911 on my 10" android tablet, but am finding this game a lot of fun for a free game.

I managed to get the 911 on my iphone but dont know of a way to move that to android.

I'll have learned the layout of some major tracks before I ever get there.

I wonder if any racers here use it for practice, and what they think.

Its good practice for getting into the best driving line and where and how to pass with the best timing and application of power.

It also gives a nice idea of wheel to wheel racing with all the breaking sometimes at unexpected times, because you are racing other real players as well.

interesting and visually quite impressive on a 10" tablet

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #2

Cloud save/retrieve. Icon looks like a gear, select it and retrieve your past progress from an old tool to your new tool.
RickG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post

I'll have learned the layout of some major tracks before I ever get there.
It will never provide the same feeling that you can get from simulators like iracing which while expensive and requiring a nice pc (Online Racing - What is iRacing | iRacing.com). Is what many real drivers actually practice on. Bad thing is, Porsche has a deal with EA so very few games have porsches aside from need for speed which is arcade and leaves no benefit to driving. Aside from shift 2 that is. You can pick up a cheap ps3 for like 150 new these days and get gran turismo and shift 2 for about 60 and 20 dollars... toss in a wheel (g25 or G27 id suggest) and you have yourself a way to learn many iconic tracks. Get the feel for many different types of cars. If the mobile game intrigues you, the real simulators will be amazing and honestly are not that expensive. (gran turismo and iracing have Rufs... shift 2 has the 914, 911 gt3 rs, gt2... carrera gt.. cayman... 918 all the greatest!)
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #4

I built this to add a little more fun and realism to my racing games:

Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT2
Pedals: Microsoft
Seat: manual slider, power recline (12V transformer to operate seat power recline)
Frame: Aluminum and steel construction
Steering wheel pod adjustable up/down and forward/back
Pedal platform has 3 position adjustment for distance and angle

Still a work in progress. I would like to upgrade with Fanatec Clubsport pedals and shifter eventually

Favorite games: Forza 3 & 4, Horizon, F1 2012
Old 03-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #5

Forza 3 has a decent selection of Porsches, I have been driving the 2003 Boxster S and have learned the layout of Road Atlanta and am working on Sebring. I am going to RA in June and maybe to Sebring in the fall. I wish that some of the other tracks like VIR, RRR, or CMP were on there. Does anyone know if these tracks are modeled anywhere (along with tracks like Barber, homestead, basically all the tracks in the south east �� )
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #6

Garage
Barber is in iracing.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote