Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 174
M030 Suspension

Hey guys
Who might have the cheapest price on the m030 kit?
Suncoast wants 1400 bucks per the website. Last I checked it was like 950 or so.
Thanks

evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 143
I just purchased a M030 kit in January from Sunset Porsche. The price to me was $1254.46. That was the least expensive I was able to find at the time, and my understanding is the cost of the kit has been going up for some time now, and will continue to do so until inventories are exhausted, at which point the kit won't be available any more. By the way, I also purchased all new mounting hardware too, and new drop links. Combined with a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports, fresh alignment, brake rotors, pads and rebuilt calipers, its like a new car. Solid, sure footed, and responsive; like my women.
Dave2001S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Chuck W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Agoura Hills (LA) So.Cal.
Posts: 1,571
Are we talking about the US version of the M030 or the lower riding ROW (Rest of World)? TIA
__________________
1995 Porsche C4 Cab

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 143
In my case, ROW M030
Dave2001S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 174
Whichever one suncoast was selling for like 950 a month ago and now its 1395.
evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 443
Huge price jump for m030 "S" manual ROW kit

Price went up massively for an S manual transmission m030 ROW once the prefab kits from Porsche were depleted from the warehouses. The US m030 is no longer available as a kit -they have been out for some time now- thus similarly very expensive to piece together.
This price change on the ROW kits occurred about 2 mos ago at Sunset, between them initially putting together a quote for me, and my decision to go ahead about a week later, just in time for them to revise their quote to almost double.

But one can order the m030 ROW for an automatic and either accept the stiffer rear springs (the only difference the manual kit), or order also the rear springs for the manual separately from the kit. Sunset was out of both kits so no help there, but luckily the competition was not

I bought this (kit + struts)even though my struts are not yet shot, because it was looking like my last chance at a good deal on something I was bound to need eventually. I actually don't necessarily want the higher spring rates of the m030 nor the ROW lowering, but I look forward flatter cornering with the new m030 sways. Anyone upgrade just the sways, and if so, were you pleased with the result?
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Price went up massively for an S manual transmission m030 ROW once the prefab kits from Porsche were depleted from the warehouses. The US m030 is no longer available as a kit -they have been out for some time now- thus similarly very expensive to piece together.
This price change on the ROW kits occurred about 2 mos ago at Sunset, between them initially putting together a quote for me, and my decision to go ahead about a week later, just in time for them to revise their quote to almost double.

But one can order the m030 ROW for an automatic and either accept the stiffer rear springs (the only difference the manual kit), or order also the rear springs for the manual separately from the kit. Sunset was out of both kits so no help there, but luckily the competition was not

I bought this (kit + struts)even though my struts are not yet shot, because it was looking like my last chance at a good deal on something I was bound to need eventually. I actually don't necessarily want the higher spring rates of the m030 nor the ROW lowering, but I look forward flatter cornering with the new m030 sways. Anyone upgrade just the sways, and if so, were you pleased with the result?
Yeah, I hear ya....Ill probably pony up.
The stiffer rear springs will probably reduce wheel hop too.
evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
There Is No Substitute.
 
rick3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,129
Garage
Quick question, what is the time frame for needing new suspension mileage/age wise?
I might buy one to keep until that time, before they disappear. I remember when they where $950 too, should have pounced then!
__________________
1999 Ocean Blue Metallic Boxster - blueboxster.com
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Allen K. Littlefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Paltz, NY 12561
Posts: 935
I bought this (kit + struts)even though my struts are not yet shot, because it was looking like my last chance at a good deal on something I was bound to need eventually. I actually don't necessarily want the higher spring rates of the m030 nor the ROW lowering, but I look forward flatter cornering with the new m030 sways. Anyone upgrade just the sways, and if so, were you pleased with the result?[/QUOTE]
__________________________________________________ ________________

I added the M030 bars fore & aft along with 15mm spacers and their is hardly any lean at all on a hard corner. A good mod in my opinion.

AKL
__________________
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Chuck W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Agoura Hills (LA) So.Cal.
Posts: 1,571
OK.... could you buy the ROW M030 Springs, keep the current sway bars and use Bilstein HD struts? I do not track or DE my car. I am looking for the ROW ride height. TIA.
__________________
1995 Porsche C4 Cab

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Registered User
 
woodsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Land of naught
Posts: 1,302
Your struts should be barely broken -in. Why not just buy the ROW 030 springs and install them?
__________________
Death is certain, life is not.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Chuck W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Agoura Hills (LA) So.Cal.
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Your struts should be barely broken -in. Why not just buy the ROW 030 springs and install them?
Good call. My knowledge on shocks is limited. I know that some OEM shocks cannot be used with lowering springs for one reason or another (again, my limited knowledge is showing). There is no issue with our OEM stock S shocks?
__________________
1995 Porsche C4 Cab

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,655
Your stock struts designed for the stock springs will bottom out and start to leak prematurely with higher spring rate m030/aftermarket springs. For the labor alone always do both at the same time.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2001S View Post
I just purchased a M030 kit in January from Sunset Porsche. The price to me was $1254.46. That was the least expensive I was able to find at the time, and my understanding is the cost of the kit has been going up for some time now, and will continue to do so until inventories are exhausted, at which point the kit won't be available any more. By the way, I also purchased all new mounting hardware too, and new drop links. Combined with a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports, fresh alignment, brake rotors, pads and rebuilt calipers, its like a new car. Solid, sure footed, and responsive; like my women.
I wound up buying them there too, and that's also where I bought my 99 Boxster from a few months ago.
Now I just have to wait a week or two to get them.

BTW, what alignment specs are most people using with the ROW setup?

evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page