Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dahlonega , Georgia
Posts: 1,150
partial leather interior- what parts are leather ?

2002 Boxster S with black partial leather interior the car is new to me. So how do I know what parts are leather ? I'm assuming I use leather products on the leather and vinyl products on the balance. I'm guessing the seats and steering wheel are leather but anything else ? Thanks

__________________
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
There Is No Substitute.
 
rick3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,129
Garage
Link on Partial Leather: 986faq
If I remember correctly, on partial leather seats only the back part isn't real leather. And the steering wheel should be leather, but not the airbag.

You could order the 986 with almost every part you touch in leather, my car even has leather wrapped air vents. The problem is that finding or replacing these leather parts is next to impossible, because they never show up used, and I don't think you can buy most of them from Porsche. I haven't been able to find a Graphite Grey leather wrapped key surround anywhere, for instance.
__________________
1999 Ocean Blue Metallic Boxster - blueboxster.com

Last edited by rick3000; 03-09-2014 at 03:25 AM.
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:00 AM   #3
WALDMEISTER
 
BRAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 998
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
2002 Boxster S with black partial leather interior the car is new to me. So how do I know what parts are leather ? I'm assuming I use leather products on the leather and vinyl products on the balance. I'm guessing the seats and steering wheel are leather but anything else ? Thanks
lets see...E-brake, stick shift, door handles and side Airbags, anything else?
__________________
Original Owner | PORSCHE Boxster 2.7L (MY01) | Seal Gray
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
Registered User
 
RedTele58's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
You could order the 986 with almost every part you touch in leather, my car even has leather wrapped air vents. The problem is that finding or replacing these leather parts is next to impossible, because they never show up used, and I don't think you can buy most of them from Porsche. I haven't been able to find a Graphite Grey leather wrapped key surround anywhere, for instance.
Check with Robert Budd at Classic 9 Leather Shop. Porsche Interior Restoration Leather Craftsman Classic 9 Leather

He does a bunch of interior restoration on earlier Porsches. The 928 had a lot of leather covered options like you are talking about in their "Executive Option" list.

I know he does a lot of smaller leather covered interior pieces. Your key surround should be a simple project for him.
__________________
I think I have a Porsche problem...
RedTele58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Peoples Republic of Kaliforneea
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
lets see...E-brake, stick shift, door handles and side Airbags, anything else?
He got it right. That is all I know of also.

__________________
02 Boxster (DD sans kids)
03 Dodge Ram Quad Cab (Stuff hauler)
06 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (Personal weekend car)
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page