Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #41

Thank you all for the feedback. I will either go black, anthracite or leave them silver. I'm not really into the older looking styles.

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
You have to use a lot of layers of glossifier and wait until each dries completely. And you'll get more bling if you couple the mettalizer over gold or anthracite after putting down a matte finish first. So it's like a many steps process, but pretty cool for a spray can.

PlastiDip Metalizer Gold - How to Use - DipYourCar.com - YouTube
I put at least 6 layers of glossifier on each wheel over the course of about two evenings per wheel. The glossifier seems to attract brake dust more and make the wheels kind of sticky even months later. It is not flat like the stock black plastidip finish but is far from what someone could call glossy. Still it was a cheap investment to see if I liked the black as much as I thought I would...and I do.

papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote