Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2003, 05:12 AM   #1
mathewf

Passenger window interference with Hardtop

Last night I took delivery of a new hardtop for my '98 Boxster. Installation of the pin inserts went smoothly. I installed the top and took it for a quick spin around the block. There was a horrible rattling sound coming from the area of both rear latches. When I removed the access panel to the spin lock mechanism, a bolt fell out. The other 4 bolts that held the mechanism in place were only hand tight. I adjusted the mechanism and snugged down the bolts on both sides. The top is now tight, and the latching mechanisms operate smoothly.

Next test was to roll up the side windows. The driver's side window went up with out incident, properly engaging the seal - a nice fit. The passenger window, however, went to its full up position, then came back down about 4 inches. The window is engaging the seal properly, it just seems to be traveling beyond the new contraints of the hardtop.

So, my very long, round about question is, is there an adjustable limit switch for the side windows in a boxster? If there is, can anyone provide details on how to adjust it?

A second somewhat related question I have is, can anyone tell me how to locate the electrical connection the hardtop rear defroster is supposed to attach to? I find some wiring in the general area, but it appears to already be plugged into something.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

Old 09-18-2003, 06:34 AM   #2

You need to adjust the hard top for your car. The connector for the defroster is behind the roll bar, drivers side. It is covered by a plastic flap, but sometimes the flap gets lost. Jeff

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote