Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

Engine Purchase

I am looking to purchase this engine really soon to replace my blown one and get back out on the road.

06 Porsche 987 Boxster 2 7 Complete Engine Motor 2 7L 18 554 | eBay

Does anything raise red flags.

Has anyone dealt with this seller?

Is it a fair price?

I made the mistake buying my last engine before coming to the fourm. It was a 2001 and my car is a 2003 with different timing setup. Too much conversion for what it's worth, so I will try again.

I have made sure to confirm the fitment of this 2006 engine into my 2003 this time with my mechanic. So we are good there.

b-raddetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-raddetail View Post
I am looking to purchase this engine really soon to replace my blown one and get back out on the road.

06 Porsche 987 Boxster 2 7 Complete Engine Motor 2 7L 18 554 | eBay

Does anything raise red flags.

Has anyone dealt with this seller?

Is it a fair price?

I made the mistake buying my last engine before coming to the fourm. It was a 2001 and my car is a 2003 with different timing setup. Too much conversion for what it's worth, so I will try again.

I have made sure to confirm the fitment of this 2006 engine into my 2003 this time with my mechanic. So we are good there.
Has the non serivceable IMS bearing, unlike your 03 engine did.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
DIY extremist

If you like to go fast, I'd look for a 3.6.... That will swap into your '03 pretty easy.

I went down that road myself (bought a built 3.8 converted 3.6) but wound up buying a newer car and reselling the monster motor instead of swapping my 2000 model car (not an easy swap).
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #4

The engine is purchased and on the way. Quality porsche parts on ebay were super quick and sent it out the same day and promptly answered all my questions.

Looking forward to getting my car back on the road.

b-raddetail is offline   Reply With Quote