Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #21

Another data point to add. After the CEL coming back on 6 days ago the light went off by itself today. I'm guessing that the ambient temps are back up and the SAI system is not being used/checked. I still plan to use the guidance provided and check it out when I get the chance...and it's not 120 degrees in my garage....

runjmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #22

I had these codes come on the other day. Was caused by one of the vacuum lines coming off. Probably from me moving something. From the diagram from member Thom#### (sorry couldn't remember the numbers) it was where line 27 connects to 'Y' shaped item 21. After that was reattached and codes cleared they have not come back.
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #23

I have the same code plus P0410. The air change over valve was not holding vacuum so replaced it with a new one from the dealer. It was a PIA to get out from the top but got it all done w/o taking anything else out. Will drive the car & see if the codes re-appear. Also got the P1691 CEL malfunction, bulb was out so replaced that too.

walt2810 is offline   Reply With Quote