Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 PM   #1

Swap CDR21 for CDR23?

My CDR21 is skipping like crazy with any bump in the road, however small. I've been offered a CDR23, and here's my question. I understand that the CDR23 uses the MOST connection and my 98 Boxster isn't setup for it. Anyone know anything about this type of connection? Can I use the CDR23 or not? I read somewhere that the MOST involves just the Amp, but I've got no idea. I don't really want a lot of hassle, just listen to music and maintain my Boxster as original Porsche as possible. Thanks in advance.

bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #2

If the new head unit requires the MOST system, it won't work in your non-MOST boxster. I've been down this road, believe me.

Do buy a CD head cleaner kit and try that though... the CD players in our cars get very dirty due to the top being down all the time. This might just fix your problem for $15. It's a CD with little brushes on it that sweep the laser and clean it off. Stopped a lot of the skipping problems I had on mine.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
bmussatti

bigdog, you will also get a lot of skipping if you are playing copies of CD's vs. the actual store bought original.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I'll give the cleaner a try. Yeah, I noticed that CDs that are copied skip a heck of a lot more the store- boughts.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:17 AM   #5

I have a CDR23 and it frustrates the heck out of me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Get something that uses your existing setup and supports auxilliary in, a 220 should do that for you I think.

Chris.

ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote