Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

Price of wind deflectors??

Someone explain to me why these are so damn expensive.. Seriously, it's a piece of plastic... I get that they're "Porsche", but come on. Any development being done to produce an aftermarket option for these? Even used ones people are asking $50-$100 a piece. Seems like a $20-$30 piece. My driver side one is broken and I can't bring myself to pay what these things are going for...

just venting...

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness View Post
Someone explain to me why these are so damn expensive.. Seriously, it's a piece of plastic... I get that they're "Porsche", but come on. Any development being done to produce an aftermarket option for these? Even used ones people are asking $50-$100 a piece. Seems like a $20-$30 piece. My driver side one is broken and I can't bring myself to pay what these things are going for...

just venting...
It's all about offer and demand.
These things fly of the car pretty easy, so a lot of boxster owners are looking for them.
Some have an extra set, and it doesn't make sense to sall under the price you mentioned. Better to keep it for future need.

Meir is offline   Reply With Quote