Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #1

headlight locking device clip

Hello,
Nebie and my first post.

i noticed some of my lights were not working in my headlight pod.
so i checked fuses and changed bulbs. well that was not it. it was the connection to the pod that was loose. so i made an attempt to adjust and the yellow locking device connector housing came off and fell down in behind.
so here is the question. the part is several days away but is only $10,
should i try to get it or just order a new one?
i am not sure if i can take the plastic off in the wheel well or what.

thanks for your time!

scooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #2

Removing the wheel well liner is pretty easy especially if you dismount the wheel. However, there a good chance you'll break a few of the push pin plastic clips in the process. They're cheap, but you'd need to go to a body shop or the dealer to get replacements. The easiest solution is to just buy another clip.

Alternatively, you could remove a few of the clips in the front and peel back the liner slightly to see if the clip is visible and reachable. You can remove the clip using something to pry the center stud up a bit and pliers to pull it out further. It needs to be pulled out about a 1/2" or so before the clip will come out of its hole

Last edited by thom4782; 02-10-2013 at 06:23 PM.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #3

Yellow clip for head light

Okay so I have the yellow clip that slide up and down to lock in the head light connector.
I have clipped the yellow connector back in and it slide up and down freely. But I can't seem to get the connector to lock into the yellow part. I realize I am doing something wrong but have no idea what. I have looked at the other head light connector.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

I assume you mean the that you cannot get the headlamp assembly plug to connect securely to the wire socket that is held on the tower by the yellow clip. If I am correct, I can only tell you my experience and hopefully, it will do the trick for you.

First I slid / pushed the socket as far down as it would slide on the tower. Next, I inserted the headlamp assembly taking care to position it so the plug on the headlamp slid easily into the socket clipped to tower. It took a few tries to get things to align. Once, I was able to do this, the blinking off of the lights stopped.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #5

Yellow clip

I am having issues getting the wire socket locked in to the yellow clip
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #6

Perhaps this diagram will help show how things go together...the relevant pieces are numbers 9, 12 and 20.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #7

Yellow

Ya I got that far. Just having locking issue with 20 in to 12.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #8

Can you describe your locking issue in more detail? For example, does the socket lock into the tower, but slide up and down. Is it that the clip will not hold the socket into the tower? Or is it that its hard to get the clip to lock to the socket itself?