Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #21

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by threpwood
Brucelee, 968 with LS2 engine? Let's call it "Porschvette"

Whatever we call it, we can also call it FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
My 2000 S is at Imagine Auto right now having the S/C installed! I have dealt with Imagine Auto for a few years and find them to be a class A operation. Stephen is very well respected in the 996 and 930 group (see 6speedonline). Imagine also had one of the 996TT in the "High Roller Shootout" featured in Excellence last year.

For day to day driving the S/C does not factor in till you reach a higher RPM range. Stephen has assured me that this is safe HP and we will be running safe boost (4-6lbs). Please go to 6speedonline and check his reputation out I promise it is impeccable. I want to go fast but keep my 3.2 in one piece. I should see it in a few weeks and let you all know how scary fast it is. My first night I want to find a stock 996TT and see how I fair.

Just want to bump this up. Is the installation now completed? Would appreciate some pictures! :dance:

Last edited by threpwood; 12-01-2005 at 09:33 PM.
threpwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:12 AM   #23

Supercharger status

JP,
Please let us know how the Supercharger performs on your "S". I also have a 2000S so I'm VERY interested!
Thanks,
Rich in CT
savinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #24

Not finished yet as all the upper air intake had to be fabed. I will keep you all in the know. Since this is the first that Imagine has done I will let them keep it as long as they want to make sure it is perfect.

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
Not finished yet as all the upper air intake had to be fabed. I will keep you all in the know. Since this is the first that Imagine has done I will let them keep it as long as they want to make sure it is perfect.
My heart stopped pounding for a sec when I saw this thread
Do they have any time estimate as when they will finish the installation?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #26

SOON VERY VERY SOON. It will be done this next month or two.

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:00 PM   #27

We have to make a custom set of headers for the Boxster S, as the supercharger sits right where the front O2 is mounted, so that is going to be the most time consuming. On the 2.5L, this is not the case, as the O2 sensor is farther back, so it is a direct bolt on. We just got the rolomolded plastic pipes in this week for the intake tubes, everything fit with the exception of 1 pipe, which we need to make a small modification to, so that got sent back, and should be done here shortly. On the 2.5L cars, we pick up almost 100 horsepower to the wheels runnign 4lbs of boost. This puts the car at about 240RWHP. We are hoping to get this done in the next month or two. The S will also have the same extensive programing through GIAC to make sure it is run at optimal conditions throughout the entire rpm range. All tuning is done on our in-house Mustang AWD dyno.

Also just a quick response as i was quickly glancing through the posts about the self contained oiling system.

We went with the procharger blower which has a self contained oiling system. The oil will need to be changed every couple of thousand miles (I can't remember what the number is, IIRC it is around 6k miles). Problem with using a vortec blower, is that
1: It takes oil away from the engine
2. That oil coming from the engine is very hot, and actually causes the supercharger to run hotter. This we did not want.

We are working directly with Procharger here in town, who come out on a regular basis, so we are confident that this was the smartest choice for this application. With that being said, we do utilize the vortec on the 996 supercharger kits, which was designed by Evo Motorsports, and there have been no issues with that kit.