Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmod986 View Post
Lesbiens drive subis, that is the first time i have ever heard that. But that has absolutely no relevance. any girl driving a wrx must have something good with them. Ok back to topic. In all seriousness the clubman is too dull no offense to any clubman owners. It does have a lot more space then the countryman in terms of its trunk and it shares the same front look as the other minis.

Let me put this in the way i see it. Danger is looking for something spaces, stylish, not too sharp, and good on gas. He already has a knife in the garage aka the danger mobile, so why buy another knife. Cant have a meal with just a bunch of knifes. So that rules out the WRX. You dont want a spoon cuz its only got one use scoping aka the clubman. So that leaves you with the Countryman a fork. Sharp when it needs to be but you can scoop stuff up with it too. I hope this was a good analogy.

Interesting analogy. But, I can't keep from visualizing a bunch of lipstick lesbians armed with forks and knives fighting over me. Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #42
Carnut

FWIW, I bought a base Golf for my kids and let me tell you, this is a really nice ride! 25 mpg in the city, comfy and enough oomph to get around. I would drive that thing any day! Also, 0% financing, no down, free maintenance etc.

I'd love the GTI as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #43

Garage
I'm starting to gravitate back to the Mini Cooper S Countryman All4 again .
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Yes, my thought is that it's less good in every way than a WRX.
Gotta agree with that! WRX is a blast to drive & very comfortable. If you don't like the look of the new WRX you could buy a older one for nothing & have someone "restomod" it. (seems that flat6innovations is fiddling with these) I got to drive a Mini "S" for a couple days when they debuted, I was really looking forward to driving it but was really underwhelmed. Driving with me & 3 guys in it had to take off up a steep hill & I didn't think we would make it up the hill.
If you didn't know the 2002 WRX has a full frame which allows the frameless door glass which I love. Look for one with the optional !7" BBS wheels.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Interesting analogy. But, I can't keep from visualizing a bunch of lipstick lesbians armed with forks and knives fighting over me. Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny, I think you know what you need to do...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #46

I think the Countryman is you in that front wing "honches" look like they would readily accept the requisite machine gun installation.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #47

I have a HHR Panel. Upsides - lots of storage space, really good gas mileage (25 driven aggressively), remote start, solenoid activated rear doors, car-like ride, cheap! Downsides - no rear seats (can add them yourself if you want), limited visibility, low roof makes transporting tall goods hard.
Taipanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #48

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
I think the Countryman is you in that front wing "honches" look like they would readily accept the requisite machine gun installation.
Now we're talking !
Old 12-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
And what do they say about your Boxster?

Not that I care, nor does it effect what I buy, but I've never seen a woman driving a WRX.
Never seen a lesbian driving a Boxster, since they are only marketed to hot secretaries.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354736917.361237.jpg
Views: 15798
Size:  52.3 KB

I dont know too many WRX owners, but they seem to popular among the boy racer 20's set and must be very fun to drive, but I would feel like I'm trying to be 10 years younger than I am owning one. The Mini just oozes more class, like a nice tailored suit compared to off the rack from Kohls.

I know of many people who have owned misc other Subies (including me) and the Lesbian joke is a very common one here in the Bay Area at least.

Here's a quote from the LA Times.
"“Subaru has been the most prominent company to embrace the gay market. As long ago as 2000, the automaker created advertising campaigns around Martina Navratilova, the gay tennis star, and also used a sales slogan that was a subtle gay-rights message: “It’s not a choice. It’s the way we’re built.” Little wonder that many lesbians refer to their Outbacks as ‘Lesbarus.’”

Ironically, all my female friends/coworkers that have Porsches actually drive 911's or Panameras, and none have a Boxster. I've got the cheapest car in the parking lot at work, but probably the lowest car payments and the biggest house.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #50

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrapmot View Post
Never seen a lesbian driving a Boxster, since they are only marketed to hot secretaries.
Attachment 16826

I dont know too many WRX owners, but they seem to popular among the boy racer 20's set and must be very fun to drive, but I would feel like I'm trying to be 10 years younger than I am owning one. The Mini just oozes more class, like a nice tailored suit compared to off the rack from Kohls.

I know of many people who have owned misc other Subies (including me) and the Lesbian joke is a very common one here in the Bay Area at least.

"“Subaru has been the most prominent company to embrace the gay market. As long ago as 2000, the automaker created advertising campaigns around Martina Navratilova, the gay tennis star, and also used a sales slogan that was a subtle gay-rights message: “It’s not a choice. It’s the way we’re built.” Little wonder that many lesbians refer to their Outbacks as ‘Lesbarus.’”

Ironically, all my female friends/coworkers that have Porsches actually drive 911's or Panameras, and none have a Boxster. I've got the cheapest car in the parking lot at work, but probably the lowest car payments and the biggest house.

FYI When I managed Porsche's west coast press fleet cars Bob Carlson had me deliver a blue Boxster to Melissa Etheridge for a 2 week loan. Porsche was hoping she would want to use a Porsche in a music video. I see alot of tv commercials now highlighting various consumer "groups". :dance:
Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #51
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Attachment 16826

To each their own, I guess, but the big, stupid speedometer plate (too big to be a gauge) in the middle of the dashboard, the rediculous changing "mood lighting" of the interior and the charicature styling of a real mini just scream "trendy" to me. Yes, I've driven both the Cooper S and the Clubman and they are fun to drive but not as much fun as my previous recommendation is and without all the "style for dummys". IMO, of course, these are cars that are made to fit the trends of today, like a pair of baggy jeans or a giant cup of latte.

Sadly, the copy car's concept isn't even original. BMW saw that VW was doing OK with the Beetle and decided to copy the concept of a copy car.

None of that says class to me.

Get what you like, Johnny, but don't expect me to be excited to sit in the ejector seat if you get a Mini.

Last edited by blue2000s; 12-05-2012 at 11:53 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #52

Garage
Quote:
Attachment 16826

Out in my neck of the woods, Subaru's are often refer to as LAV's - Lesbian Assault Vehicles !
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #53

Garage
I'm obsessing now. A friend is trying to sell me a clubman with leather xenons ect... for a slamming deal. Can't decide .
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #54

Garage
It's growing on me . I think ?

2012 Mini Cooper Clubman 50th Anniversary Hampton Series Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Tour - YouTube
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #55

My DD is a Mazda B4000 (basically a re-badged Ford Ranger), and I have found it to be a very practical companion to the Boxster. It's a supercab so I can carry extra passengers in a pinch, it's 4WD for those nasty snow days, and having a vehicle with a box is extremely useful, especially when owning a car like the Boxster which cannot carry anything large. At the same time it is small enough to be maneuver-able and park-able in tight spots. I really wouldn't want to be without a truck of some sort.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #56

Garage
I think you should consider going this route:

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #57

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
I think you should consider going this route:

I would resort to public transportation before I would be seen driving a "fart car" !
Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #58

Garage
Check this ground clearance!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #59

Can't believe you're still considering the Clubman JD. You ought to mull over a more natural form of transportation, all wheel drive and better looking too.............

[IMG][/IMG]
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #60

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Can't believe you're still considering the Clubman JD. You ought to mull over a more natural form of transportation, all wheel drive and better looking too.............

[IMG][/IMG]
Golly, and I thought the bike gave me saddle sores !