Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 89
Garage
Porscheleds.com Where Did You Go???

A couple of months ago I went to Porscheleds.com to order dash leds for my Boxster. The website stated they would not be taking any more orders until the first of the year. I just checked back in hopes that this might have changed. It has, now the website does not come up at all. Instead there is a 404 error. Has anyone heard what happened and if they will be back? Any other recommended sources for replacing dash leds in a 986?

jrblackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Posts: 114
Probably received a letter from Porsche lawyers regarding their name.
__________________
Demick
'04 Boxster S
demick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Homeboy981
 
Homeboy981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sherman, TX
Posts: 663
Garage
You can get the dash LEDs on ebay. Just watch the dates of arrival. If they are more than a week or so, it is coming from China…so you'd better NOT need them right away!

Tony_Fury has verified a circuit that works for Boxster turn signals….to allow you to use LEDs in your turn signal indicators without error or failure by replacing a simple flasher…the problem was - everyone sells flashers and he LITERALLY had to test every one to find out which one ACTUALLY WORKS.

I am doing mine later this afternoon and can post before and after pics. They should be MUCH BRIGHTER, but definitely MORE STYLISH! I have LEDs in my Brake light on trunk (T10s replaced 2825s), they are in a "star" pattern, Dome LEDs, Blue Door LEDs, & "star patterned" rear tail lights. I have also put them in my side marker lights and converted the lights to flash as turn signals. I was forced to use LEDs because I have darkened corners. Then, I got the 'bright' idea to replace ALL MY LIGHTS WITH LEDs. Tony helped me out with the Turn Signal circuit - it would not even flash before, just laid there like a deaf dog!

Will take pics IF there is ANY interest.

Thanks Tony! They G-G-Great!

See Ya!
__________________
2002 Porsche Boxtser S - Silver & Chrome - Died from IMS failure AFTER IMS was replaced!
Homeboy981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 89
Garage
I had not thought of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by demick View Post
Probably received a letter from Porsche lawyers regarding their name.
but yes you are probably right.
jrblackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7
 
tony_fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Huntington Beach,CA
Posts: 310
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrblackman View Post
A couple of months ago I went to Porscheleds.com to order dash leds for my Boxster. The website stated they would not be taking any more orders until the first of the year. I just checked back in hopes that this might have changed. It has, now the website does not come up at all. Instead there is a 404 error. Has anyone heard what happened and if they will be back? Any other recommended sources for replacing dash leds in a 986?
That domain name is due to expire on the 15th of December 2012.
The domain name has been registered since 2005.
Follow the link below and scroll down to the bottom to see who owns the domain name.

Registrant Contact:Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS whois porscheleds.com
__________________
2001 Boxster - Arctic Silver Metallic
RMS, IMS, 87.5K
tony_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 89
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fury View Post
That domain name is due to expire on the 15th of December 2012.
The domain name has been registered since 2005.
Follow the link below and scroll down to the bottom to see who owns the domain name.

Registrant Contact:Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS whois porscheleds.com
I can't believe it did not occur to me to do a whois search.
jrblackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 332
Garage
http://www.sportscarleds.com/

Found it!
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Custom User Title Here
 
particlewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 6,057
Garage
Nice work!
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 332
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Nice work!
Haha thank you! I wonder why they were forced to change there name. As they still have their other domain, mercedesleds.com

Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page