Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #1

Recommended Body Shop / NYC,CT

Saturday afternoon after working, I was driving home and stopped at a red light. A Range Rover drove right into the back of the car, crushing the area under the passenger side back light. Of course that guy's car is fine, but our '97 silver Boxster is damaged. Sigh. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable body shop in New York or CT?

Cortes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #2

Cortes, you might contact Danbury Porsche and see who does their body work. I had a front console replaced and the paint is a perfect match and silver is hard to do. Where are you located more specifically as that may determine and answer from other members. Good luck.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #3

Several years ago Luke's Auto Body in Norwalk, CT did an excellent job on my rear-ended IROC-Z. Couldn't have been happier.
Auf los! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #4

Need good repair shop in NYC or outside city

Hi, thanks for responding - we're in NYC (in Queens). Now to make things a lot worse - there's been a horrible squeaking sounds that's been slowly developing since the accident. The last time we drove into Manhattan it sounded like the car was going to fall apart. Not sure if its the suspension. The insurance company said that we'll need to prove that its related to the accident. Instead of a body shop, we now need a really good, reliable Porsche repair shop.
I'd appreciate any help.
Cortes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortes View Post
Hi, thanks for responding - we're in NYC (in Queens). Now to make things a lot worse - there's been a horrible squeaking sounds that's been slowly developing since the accident. The last time we drove into Manhattan it sounded like the car was going to fall apart. Not sure if its the suspension. The insurance company said that we'll need to prove that its related to the accident. Instead of a body shop, we now need a really good, reliable Porsche repair shop.
I'd appreciate any help.
I just emailed Cortes about contacting De Man Racing in Rockland County. I do not have their email addy, can anyone help?

AKL

'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body , bumper , repair