Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #1

Big Bear Run

Some of my friends are planning a Big Bear run on September 8th at 7am, meeting place still to be determined, it will be somewhere in Fontana.

Last edited by fornowh; 08-20-2012 at 05:08 PM.
fornowh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Homeboy981

Garage
Hi Fornowh,

What does moniker mean?

For No White House?

Clever! Me too!

Big GOV has done nothing for me, except for headaches. People ARE the SOLUTION, make them OVER GOV - NOT other way around! Eventually the 50% who ARE PAYING TAXES are going to get tired of watching their tax dollars being flushed down the tubes…are they going to find another funding source besides me? I am TIRED of BAILOUTS! Tired of being DOUBLE TAXED too!

Sorry about the rant! FHA is looking for another bailout, that is what started it.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #3

Sounds interesting, I'd consider going on the Big Bear run.

Keep us posted on a meeting place/time.

Hmmmm, not sure where that rant came from but I agree on putting an end to irresponsible spending above what was budgeted or available, double taxation etc.

Obama has guaranteed a disastrous future for young folks for generations who will have to pay for all his handouts if they can find even jobs to pay the taxes.

Doomsday 2012 is not about an Asteroid, but more likely the fall of empires into ruins and anarchy along with the global destabilizing fallout.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #4

Here are the details:
On Sept 8 (Saturday) we are planning a morning drive to Big Bear. Our route will be 210E, 330N and 18N . From Rancho Cucamonga it is 65 miles to Big bear downtown and 40 miles of winding road.
Meeting place:
6:30 AM Lowes shopping center Fontana exit Sierra off the 210E

Last edited by fornowh; 09-05-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: changes
fornowh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Track rat

Garage
A glorious dawn assault on the Big Bear road! The plan was to meet several other drivers in Fontana and go up together. My brother and I went by the Lowes parking lot but didn't see any other Porsches... no matter. We headed towards Hwy 330 at about 6:50 am. The sun was just rising and it was 72F. Nice!

On the way up, there was moderate traffic but most drivers were pretty courteous and let the fast moving Boxsters play through . We got to Big Bear Lake about 7:40 and went by a friend's cabin which is located right next to Bear Mtn Ski Resort. Hung out there and chatted for about 30 minutes and then headed out Hwy 30 over Onyx summit (8400ft) and south towards Redlands.

The drive out was through light traffic and only one CHP was spotted handing a ticket to a motorcyclist. The speed limit for most of this drive is 55. We were careful to watch our speed on the straights but you could nearly maintain that through most of the turns as well. Big fun and no tickets! As we came down the hill, my brother headed towards Hanger 24 Brewery Hangar 24 Craft Brewery but they didn't open til 11am. Rats! Unsatisfied and thirsty, we found a small hole-in-the-wall Mexican food cafe serving breakfast burritos. I went for the Machaca and it was excellent. With full bellies and satisfied smiles we turned back onto 210 West and headed home at around 10:30 AM. Four hours of top down Boxster bliss. I can't think of a much better way to spend a Saturday morning in SoCal.

Last edited by Topless; 09-08-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #6

oh shoot i forgot about the run, and I have new tires installed on Friday too.

Next time I need to put a reminder on the iphone.

Count me in for the next one and I'll make sure I don't miss it.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
A glorious dawn assault on the Big Bear road! The plan was to meet several other drivers in Fontana and go up together. My brother and I went by the Lowes parking lot but didn't see any other Porsches... no matter. We headed towards Hwy 330 at about 6:50 am. The sun was just rising and it was 72F. Nice!

On the way up, there was moderate traffic but most drivers were pretty courteous and let the fast moving Boxsters play through . We got to Big Bear Lake about 7:40 and went by a friend's cabin which is located right next to Bear Mtn Ski Resort. Hung out there and chatted for about 30 minutes and then headed out Hwy 30 over Onyx summit (8400ft) and south towards Redlands.

The drive out was through light traffic and only one CHP was spotted handing a ticket to a motorcyclist. The speed limit for most of this drive is 55. We were careful to watch our speed on the straights but you could nearly maintain that through most of the turns as well. Big fun and no tickets! As we came down the hill, my brother headed towards Hanger 24 Brewery Hangar 24 Craft Brewery but they didn't open til 11am. Rats! Unsatisfied and thirsty, we found a small hole-in-the-wall Mexican food cafe serving breakfast burritos. I went for the Machaca and it was excellent. With full bellies and satisfied smiles we turned back onto 210 West and headed home at around 10:30 AM. Four hours of top down Boxster bliss. I can't think of a much better way to spend a Saturday morning in SoCal.

I just missed you by a couple of minutes, you were on the on ramp, while I was just getting off. I did see you guys. Waited for a couple of minutes for the other guys, we went on. Maybe next time.