Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #1

Garage
In response to the recent vandalism...

While shopping for tires a woman opened her door as far as she could and scraped the paint off my mirror. While it wasn't vandalism, I have the solution for all our agonies:

Here

Edit: More extreme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Last edited by Kenny Boxster; 09-12-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #2

I like it.
jesseborgelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #3

I came out of the gym to this last week:

Nick
white out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by white out View Post

Nick
Have they no shame? Nothing worse than taking the liberty to leave liberal amounts of room to accommodate people opening their doors very wide, and still there is possibility of a hit.:ah:
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #5

Garage
Lots of ignorant people out there! Thanks for the clip Kenny! For every ignorant one, there are several good ones though. On the way back from Boxstoberfest, we stopped at a Sonic in a little Texas town. A big red Dodge Ram pickup pulls up with two good ole boys in it and I think oh no, here we go. They start complimenting the car and tell me they saw the car from the road and the driver said he had to turn around and come back to see it! We had a nice talk and explained to them how fun the car is and it's not as expensive as they think. It's a shame that others have to tear up other people's property but it's nice when you run into guys like that.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #6

I agree on the nice folks.

I get a lot of attention from Bikers as I am near one of the best Twisty areas around my area and there are constantly groups of car and bike clubs "running the Ortegas" and all those folks are addicted to the thrill and have nothing but good things to say since they would like to experience it as well and admire how the Boxster handles those twisties.

The few bad experiences do tend to sour you and make you guarded, but I find that if you give people the benefit of the doubt and initiate friendly conversation you will be pleasantly surprised most of the time.

I wonder how different that gas station incident could have been if the Boxster guy pretended not to hear their snide remarks and said something nice about their bikes in response.

Its shaves the edge off a dickhead if they get a compliment when they are expecting to initiate a verbal barrage and confrontation.

Its harder to be mean when you are being complimented and it disarms the dickhead since he just wants to manipulate you for kicks.

If you don't engage there can be no manipulation.
So use your wisdom and experience to outwit them, you will be surprised what can be accomplished.

Even Dickheads just want to be appreciated and respected and it costs nothing
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post

I get a lot of attention from Bikers as I am near one of the best Twisty areas around my area and there are constantly groups of car and bike clubs "running the Ortegas" and all those folks are addicted to the thrill and have nothing but good things to say since they would like to experience it as well and admire how the Boxster handles those twisties.

The few bad experiences do tend to sour you and make you guarded, but I find that if you give people the benefit of the doubt and initiate friendly conversation you will be pleasantly surprised most of the time.

I wonder how different that gas station incident could have been if the Boxster guy pretended not to hear their snide remarks and said something nice about their bikes in response.

Its shaves the edge off a dickhead if they get a compliment when they are expecting to initiate a verbal barrage and confrontation.

Its harder to be mean when you are being complimented and it disarms the dickhead since he just wants to manipulate you for kicks.

So use your wisdom and experience to outwit them, you will be surprised what can be accomplished.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #8

I still by my original response to another thread. Opt for the Trunk Monkey option the next time you buy a car.
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post

To be honest, any kind of confrontation would've probably lessened their willingness to do anything. If his remark was "Did you really lock that", my response would've been "Yea. Keeps people out of my car."

Just ignoring them isn't enough. Show them that you're not scared of confrontation.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar10dah View Post
I still by my original response to another thread. Opt for the Trunk Monkey option the next time you buy a car.
Yaa, I've got to get a trunk monkey too....hilarious

Or how about signaling a right turn http://youtu.be/i98QrSSHxo4
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 09-12-2012 at 06:34 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #11

I
Quote:
wonder how different that gas station incident could have been if the Boxster guy pretended not to hear their snide remarks and said something nice about their bikes in response.
This puts you among the wise, Ray.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by white out View Post

Nick
smh on that.

rp17 is offline   Reply With Quote