Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 07:16 AM   #3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Wow that was quick. Looks good
Yep! I would of gotten started a lot earlier if everyone shipped as fast as you do. I got the bumpers in two days from you. Took 11 days to get the paint from paint scratch. �� You are the man when it comes to fast. Two orders, both received in two days.

Thanks again.

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #3522

I couldn't wait. I'll buff them on the car 😀
Before and after:

Old 06-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #3523

I just washed it after having been away tracking it during the weekend. My wife also drove it on the track. It was her first time, and I'm very happy she enjoyed it.
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #3524

Well I got wacked on my way home from work tonight. Sitting stopped at a red light and the lady in the minivan behind me hit me. It was a hard tap but the real damage was she pushed me into the car in front of me. My front hood is toast, the bumper may be salvageable, and it looks like there is only the smallest of dimples in my rear bumper. Luckily my Nine9Six projector headlights appear to have survived intact. Unfortunately I am supposed to drive to Mt. Tremblant for HPDE on July 14-16, and I don't know if my car will be fixed by then. Oh well, no one was hurt and it could have been a lot worse!

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:25 AM   #3525

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Well I got wacked on my way home from work tonight. Sitting stopped at a red light and the lady in the minivan behind me hit me. It was a hard tap but the real damage was she pushed me into the car in front of me. My front hood is toast, the bumper may be salvageable, and it looks like there is only the smallest of dimples in my rear bumper. Luckily my Nine9Six projector headlights appear to have survived intact. Unfortunately I am supposed to drive to Mt. Tremblant for HPDE on July 14-16, and I don't know if my car will be fixed by then. Oh well, no one was hurt and it could have been a lot worse!
Best wishes for a reasonably quick and a high quality repair! Glad that you are ok.

During my driving life, I've been rear ended twice, both times by distracted drivers while I was already stopped at a red light and I was the second or third car at the light, with my foot lightly on the brake to keep the brake lights on. Once in Houston in my guards red 924S and once in Dallas in my newly repainted bright blue (I forget what Ford calls that color) 1968 Mustang. Getting rear-ended is one of the many things I really watch for, especially when riding a motorcycle.

The first words out of the nice middle aged lady's mouth that hit my 924S were 'my husband is going to kill me for doing this again to my new Cadillac'
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 AM   #3526
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Installed my repaired key remote yesterday (thanks, particlewave!). I'm shocked that I actually have distance (not to mention the reliability) with this thing now.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:35 AM   #3527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Best wishes for a reasonably quick and a high quality repair! Glad that you are ok.

During my driving life, I've been rear ended twice, both times by distracted drivers while I was already stopped at a red light and I was the second or third car at the light, with my foot lightly on the brake to keep the brake lights on. Once in Houston in my guards red 924S and once in Dallas in my newly repainted bright blue (I forget what Ford calls that color) 1968 Mustang. Getting rear-ended is one of the many things I really watch for, especially when riding a motorcycle.

The first words out of the nice middle aged lady's mouth that hit my 924S were 'my husband is going to kill me for doing this again to my new Cadillac'
Thanks, I have been on both sides of this too many times now. Last January I was the one who didn't come to a stop quite fast enough when freeway traffic came to a halt with my Boxster, so the front was perfect, not a stone chip on it! I also found out there is a waitlist for my upcoming HPDE so I can cancel without penalty. The ironic thing is my daily driver Acura TL was backed into in the car wash line 10 days ago by Toyota FJ with a tow hitch and it was getting a new front bumper cover installed yesterday.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #3528

After looking at my bumperettes today I decided that they just didn't look that good. 😐 I could still see the textured finish. So being OCD I'm redoing them. I sanded and primed over and over and I think this one came out alot better. 😀
Before:

After:
Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #3529
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserion View Post
Installed my repaired key remote yesterday (thanks, particlewave!). I'm shocked that I actually have distance (not to mention the reliability) with this thing now.
Awesome! Glad it all worked out!
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #3530

Installed waterproof immobilizer case

Installed my waterproof immobilizer case today. No indication that there has ever been any water intrusion in 106k miles, but I'm glad I did the install anyway. On to addressing some minor cosmetic issues now.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:26 AM   #3531

Garage
Send a message via AIM to philipjayadler Send a message via Yahoo to philipjayadler Send a message via Skype™ to philipjayadler
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Ducktail painted, installed 😀
Where did you buy, and how much? Easy installation?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
philipjayadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #3532

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipjayadler View Post
Where did you buy, and how much? Easy installation?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Got it from Joe Toth Composites. Mines the short version. He makes a lot of body mods. All you have to do is raise the wing, pop off the factory piece and pop the ducktail on.
Comes in black gelcoat ready for paint, $250. plus shipping.
No effect on spoiler operation.

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Joe-Toth-Composites-357080514497340/

Old 06-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #3533

JBauer,
Your paint looks great and you have my favorite wheels! Beauty!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #3534
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Added some 986 history to my office!

986 Prototype, 550 Spyder, 356
Old 06-25-2017, 02:22 AM   #3535

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post

Nice! I have those 3 as well, along with some others...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:57 AM   #3536

Cleaned the MAF then a wash.Rubber hammer test on the rear tomorrow. I have one cat shield rattling but there is another I hear as well.
95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:49 AM   #3537

Passenger side wheel bearing, coffin arm and tie rod. On to the driver side!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #3538
I am No. 1348

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post

Nice! Where did you get those? I've been looking all over for them.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #3539

Garage
Today I went to the All Porsche show put on by the local PCA chapter. There was a little light rain, but it didn't keep the cars away,,, probably at least 200 Porsches! They had a special Boxster area to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Boxster, and there was a Carrera GT and a Singer 911.

MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #3540

So this weekend I finally drug my Ocean Jade Metallic '99 out of the back of the shop where it's mostly been sitting since I bought it 3 years ago. I've put maybe 500 miles on it since I brought it back to Oklahoma from Tucson AZ. I've been working on it hit/miss between my other projects. Lot's of delayed maintenance from previous owners, but nothing out of the ordinary; fluids, belts, motor and transmission mounts, suspension bits and pieces and window regulators.

I'm pretty happy with it. It cleaned up well, drives quiet, pulls hard (and to the extent I wanted to push 12 year old mismatched tires ) it handles like a Boxster.

I'm looking forward to getting some detail work complete and finishing up some more maintenance making it roadworthy. It's a unique color and very nicely optioned. Stay tuned for more...
Attached Images