Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #1

Water on passenger side behind seat

Hi,

Loving my 2002 Boxster but noticed water that was puddled up behind passenger seat.
It has not rained but was washed last week, has anyone experienced this problem?

mwt6227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #2

check the drain plug(s). search the forum. lots of info.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwt6227 View Post
Hi,

Loving my 2002 Boxster but noticed water that was puddled up behind passenger seat.
It has not rained but was washed last week, has anyone experienced this problem?
yes, i have the same issue.
it is not the drain holes in my case. i checked them and they are clean.
i'm still trying to figure it out.
2 weeks ago it was raining very heavy down hear. i left the car outside in the rain and got to it after couple of hours. first thing to do when i got in the car, was putting my hand on the floor behind the passenger side.
the floor was dry.
second thing to do, was putting my hand (from inside the car) in the area of the drain hole. i could feel some significant amount of water laying there.
i put my finger inside the drain hole just to make sure it is not blocked.
the hole is clear, but it looks like the water is accumulating under the level of the hole. it looks like (in my case, felt like) there is a small "tub" that fills up with water.
at this point, the floor was still dry.
only after i drove the car home, i checked the floor again, and it was wet.
so i guess all the water accumulated in the "tub", is now on my floor, caused by the driving movements.
i need to have a look at the drain hole area, when the top is in service mode, and better understand why this "tub" is created.
i sure hope its not gonna happen on the left side, and toast the immobilizer/alarm module under the driver seat.
i will post an update when i get i chance to look at it (hopefully this weekend)
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #4

Garage
Are there any tears in the membrane?
Due to heavy rain, had the same issue as my drains were clear too. Mine had damage near the roof front pushrods, fixed with sealant.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Gary D

Garage
I agree with Tony, check the drain tubes first. Mine did the same. Tubes looked clear, but were blocked further down. Run a wire or coat hanger through them until it pokes out the tube in front of the wheel. You may be surprised at the crap stuck in there...

Gary_d is offline   Reply With Quote