Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #1

Rear night driving lights don't light up anymore :(

Hey!

My boxster s 01's rear night driving lights (red) don't light up anymore (both sides), any suggestions

Many thanks

CrazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #2

Replace the bulbs?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #3

I changed the rear lights all together for LED from Depo, still nothing, every other signal lights work on both old and new tail light kit.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #4

Bad fuse? Got a multimeter to test that power is reaching the fuse?
Squozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #5

Any Other suggestions? I'm scared to take my car to th dealer with an electrical problem and get raped with a huge bill
Old 07-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #6

Are you any good with a volt meter? You need to determine if there is any voltage at the bulbs. If not, then you need to start tracing back through the circuit to find the fault. Check the grounds also.
Just a guess, but maybe when you swapped out to the LED's, you may have bent a pin in a connector or broken a wire. Happens all the time.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 07-24-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:24 AM   #7

First off thanks for your replies but the rear night lights were not working with originals as well, I was hoping swapping them with the Depo ones would solve the problem. This all started it seems when I got my radio changed for a double din dvd..Is there a fuse for the rear night lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
Are you any good with a volt meter? You need to determine if there is any voltage at the bulbs. If not, then you need to start tracing back throught the circuit to find the fault. Check the grounds also.
Just a guess, but maybe when you swapped out to the LED's, you may have bent a pin in a connector or broken a wire. Happens all the time.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Get a volt meterand do as Spinnaker and Squozen suggested. There are no magical shortcuts and we can't do it for you.

Seriously...if you don't have one, go get one. They're only $10-20 for a basic meter.

Last edited by particlewave; 07-24-2012 at 08:52 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #9

Looks like it was both bulbs that were burned, the "Professional" that installed my Depos didn't bother checking bulbs, instead recommended I higher his guy that does electrical work lol Anyhow, thx for your replies, glad this is resolved.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #10

I'm not surprised. If one bulb goes usually the other one does too shortly. Learned my lesson when I only bought one replacement bulb and had to make the same trip few days after... lol.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote