986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Rear night driving lights don't light up anymore :( (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/36422-rear-night-driving-lights-dont-light-up-anymore.html)

CrazyBoy 07-20-2012 07:15 AM

Rear night driving lights don't light up anymore :(

Hey!

My boxster s 01's rear night driving lights (red) don't light up anymore (both sides), any suggestions :confused:

Many thanks

ekam 07-20-2012 07:19 AM

Replace the bulbs?

CrazyBoy 07-20-2012 07:21 AM

I changed the rear lights all together for LED from Depo, still nothing, every other signal lights work on both old and new tail light kit.

Squozen 07-20-2012 04:11 PM

Bad fuse? Got a multimeter to test that power is reaching the fuse?

CrazyBoy 07-22-2012 02:51 PM

Any Other suggestions? I'm scared to take my car to th dealer with an electrical problem and get raped with a huge bill :(

Spinnaker 07-22-2012 03:17 PM

Are you any good with a volt meter? You need to determine if there is any voltage at the bulbs. If not, then you need to start tracing back through the circuit to find the fault. Check the grounds also.
Just a guess, but maybe when you swapped out to the LED's, you may have bent a pin in a connector or broken a wire. Happens all the time.

CrazyBoy 07-24-2012 03:24 AM

First off thanks for your replies but the rear night lights were not working with originals as well, I was hoping swapping them with the Depo ones would solve the problem. This all started it seems when I got my radio changed for a double din dvd..Is there a fuse for the rear night lights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinnaker (Post 298608)
Are you any good with a volt meter? You need to determine if there is any voltage at the bulbs. If not, then you need to start tracing back throught the circuit to find the fault. Check the grounds also.
Just a guess, but maybe when you swapped out to the LED's, you may have bent a pin in a connector or broken a wire. Happens all the time.

particlewave 07-24-2012 08:45 AM

Get a volt meterand do as Spinnaker and Squozen suggested. There are no magical shortcuts and we can't do it for you. :)

Seriously...if you don't have one, go get one. They're only $10-20 for a basic meter.

CrazyBoy 08-01-2012 06:58 AM

Looks like it was both bulbs that were burned, the "Professional" that installed my Depos didn't bother checking bulbs, instead recommended I higher his guy that does electrical work lol Anyhow, thx for your replies, glad this is resolved.

ekam 08-01-2012 07:02 AM

I'm not surprised. If one bulb goes usually the other one does too shortly. Learned my lesson when I only bought one replacement bulb and had to make the same trip few days after... lol.