Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #1

Who wants a sport jet boat?

I don't even know if I am allowed to post this here. I couldn't find anything in the forum rules that said i can't.

We have a 2001 Sugarsand Tango 4+2. $8400 or best offer. Philadelphia, PA.
It is a 6 passenger, 16.5 foot jet boat, which means it uses the same propulation system as a jet Ski. It basically is a 6 passenger jet ski. It goes as fast and could make the exact same sharp turns and drift in water just like a jet ski.

Great Condition except for the two back leather seats that cracked from weather exposure over the years(as shown in pictures). Comes With Trailer and Cover. Price just lowered to $8400 or best offer. It is also capable of pulling a Tube, Wave Board, boat, or ski's with its rope connector in the back. This JetBoat is very sporty and it turns heads. Handles great, looks great, and goes fast with its aerodynamic and hydrodynamic body. We have had the boat since new as we were the first owners when the boat originally cost $18,000 + $3500 for trailer. However, we no longer have the time to use it. The past few years, we only had the time to use it once or twice per summer because of our busy lives.

It has already been started and used this summer and it is running healthy so it is ready to drive. It turned many heads at the river last weekend.

Pictures are here
2001 SugarSand Tango 4+2 - a set on Flickr

Old 06-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #2

Good luck with the sale
As they say: there are two happy days for the owner of a boat:
The day you buy it and the day you sell it
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang View Post
Good luck with the sale
As they say: there are two happy days for the owner of a boat:
The day you buy it and the day you sell it
idk about that. Selling it will be sad. Most of the money we get from it will go towards paying off bills.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #4

Garage
There is no doubt this is an inappropriate post! Craig's List

P.S. I'll trade you my 72 Datsun for it if you deliver to Frisco Bay?
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #5

I bought a 99 SeaDoo jet boat with 225Hp Twin Jets for $6K a year ago.

Its very similar and is a blast to ride in and no prop worries.

The 2nd engine redundancy came in handy on the second outing on the CO river when the jet sucked up a submerged towl and put 1 engine out of commission, but fortunately I simply motored upstream back to the trailer on the other engine, unstuck the plugged jet and was on my way again in 15 minutes.

Without the second engine the day would have been shot trying to drift down river to the next launch and then getting back to the car etc.

Seeing as how this board is not overly busy I don't see the harm in a fellow Porsche guy going off topic a bit.

Lets just say he needs the money to support his Porsche habit and its back on topic again?!
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #6

Yeah we sucked up some plants during low tide a couple of times, but the motor never seized. It just does not let us go fast. We just take it slow to the trailer, pull it out, cut the plants out, and get back in the water.

I remember those seadoos. It was yellow right? I think they were all yellow at that time. Seeing those older seadoos is what led us to get this boat in the first place. And we already had 2 jet ski's so we were familar with jet motors more than outboard motors.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #7

Datsun 510?
Uller God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #8

no trades. already have a car.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #9

Trade ya a used IMSB, scorn pressure plate, and a set of track tires with minimal cord showing.
Uller God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #10

Nope. We really need the money.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #11

You need some HOT looking gals posing with the boat...that should do it. Advertise with Boat Trader in the Florida market. I had a SeaDoo and it was a blast.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
You need some HOT looking gals posing with the boat...that should do it. Advertise with Boat Trader in the Florida market. I had a SeaDoo and it was a blast.
Boat Trader Charges $150 to have it up for 6 months or $50 for 2 weeks with only 2 pics. I can't ship it. I doubt someone will be wiling to drive 14-20 hours from Florida to Philadelphia.