Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #1

Garage
Selling the 99 Boxster

I have enjoyed the hell out of this car...... but I need a backseat!

See my ad in the Cars for Sale Section of the forum. User milliemax has seen this car and can vouch for it!

Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
John99Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Can I just have your spoiler?

...for a price, of course.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #3

good luck man, I have had mine for sale for almost 3 weeks, some crazy lowball offers and a few people that are expecting a 100% cosmetically perfect 67k 2002 car lol a few people that sound super interested, ask all kinds of questions then never show up. Id just trade it in or sell it to a dealer if they would give me a G or 2 more than what they are offering. I hate selling cars!

Good luck
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #4

Garage
Five....I feel your pain. Exactly what I am going through.....Low Ball offers, Kids wanting to test drive the car....etc.....

I did lower the price after 10 days now.....see what happens.

Good Luck on yours
Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
Old 06-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #5

Good luck with your sale...

Your price seems to be on the upper end of what a 99 would sell for it seems though I see your car has some nice additions (GAHH top, maintenance records, etc.). I am not sure if "non enthusiast" buyers will recognize the costs/value of the things you have replaced and upgraded. My car has just over 80k miles and I suspect that I would be hard pressed to get more than 10.5k for it (which is why I am not trying to sell it) and it has the a new GAHH top, 18's, Litronic's, Sport seats, sport design package, 2.7L....in other words...the market it just really tough right now for these cars. Hope you get what you are asking for it, as it looks nice.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Certified Boxster Addict

The market is down for all luxury cars and used mordern Porshe's have been particulary hard hit because no one really *needs* to own one and the values aren't buoyed up by any level of future collectibility like older Porsche's. Also there are a lot of cars availble so buyers can dirve a hard bargain.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #7

That is a nice car. More of a car for the cruiser types with the automatic I would think. I sold my 1998 last year. We were asking 10K. It sold for $8500 after being on the market for 4 months. We did have 133K miles on it although it was perfect with many items replaced and up to date. I would think a little more should be expected with your low miles. It may not get any real activity until it gets closer to or under 10K. Let the folks who come to look at it test drive it. Insist they do. That is how I sold mine. The car sold itself.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #8

Garage
PRICE Reduced to $11500.....Still maybe to high?

Thanks for all the advice guys....I really need to sell the car.......Its a luxury item for me and my son is entering college in the fall.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #9

dont sacrifice your car for a cheap price though! I think your price is good considering all the work and upkeep it has had, most other cars for sale dont have any care put into them at all
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #10

John, Your car has a beautiful , local history and well documented. Do not sell yourself short on what you have. An excellent car with all records is damn hard to find. Sorry to see it for sale. Good luck "Passing it on".

milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote