Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #1

Wrecked my 2000 boxster this morning

Heavy rain, wornout tires and car hydroplaned think for a moment..Car toppled and think it slided few feet on its roof int he trench by side of road,Luckily I had my hardtop on and not a scratch on me
None of the airbags opened up,dont know if my heavy luggage in the front trunk could have contributed to this.
Lights,roof dented,side quarter panel and rear trunk badly damaged..may be damage to sterring and axle too
Any idea who have been in similar wrecks how much the insurance may go up

tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #2

Hard to say how much insurance will go up. The good thing is you made it without a scratch.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Hard to say how much insurance will go up. The good thing is you made it without a scratch.
Ditto on the "glad your OK" part. Sounds crazy.
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #4

I cannot be there when the insurance adjuster does the inspection as I will be out of town. will appreciate any heads up on what to expect through the claim process
Old 05-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenere View Post
Heavy rain, wornout tires and car hydroplaned think for a moment..Car toppled and think it slided few feet on its roof int he trench by side of road,Luckily I had my hardtop on and not a scratch on me
None of the airbags opened up,dont know if my heavy luggage in the front trunk could have contributed to this.
Lights,roof dented,side quarter panel and rear trunk badly damaged..may be damage to sterring and axle too
Any idea who have been in similar wrecks how much the insurance may go up
If you have a good record without claims you might get a "Forgiven" as far as the insurance increase goes.

However if you have had claims before your rating will go to the beginning rate for 0 years without a claim. Depending on your age, risk group etc it could go up dramatically.

I know a 21 year old that went from 1600/yr to $5000/yr after he Totaled a new Mustang or they could even just drop you entirely. Lots of factors though so its impossible to guess.

I need new rears too, so I wont be driving it in the rain till I get some tread.

Glad you made it OK.

I read that Boxsters have better than average accident survivability for the occupants but are more likely than average to get into an accident in the first place.

Better take a performance driving school to learn you and your cars limits. I have my eye on a course as well since I'm new to Boxsters.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #6

I had not driven the car in 3 months..without a garage the sun might have hardened those tires too.This is my first claim ,I had wreck in miata last year but had only liability on it..I need to take performance drivers course asap,you are right on that
Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #7

Glad to hear you're all right. Just before reading your post I ordered new tires from Tire Rack -- and now even happier with my decision.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
still plays with cars...

Garage
Sorry to hear the bad news.

At least you got out injury-free. People are notoriously expensive to repair.

A car, after all, can be replaced, the driver cannot.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #9

They will total it....:ah:

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #10
SoK

During the claims process, be sure to try and negotiate a bit when they make you an offer after totalling it. If you've had recent work done and still have receipts, thats good ammunition to help get that offer up.

It'll probably be a week or 2 before you get the offer.

I'm not sure what the "accident forgiveness" policy is with your company (who are you with? I may know since I sell in Indiana), but if you have 0 accidents, tickets, citations, etc. in the last 5 years (may be 3), you'll more than likely have this forgiven (no direct surcharge for the accident).

Honestly, credit is one of the biggest factors to insurance rates anymore. If you have excellent credit, even if the accident isn't forgiven, it shouldn't change a ton. If it does, PM me and I'll rerate you (I write anywhere in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky).