986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Wrecked my 2000 boxster this morning (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/35660-wrecked-my-2000-boxster-morning.html)

tenere 05-29-2012 01:14 PM

Wrecked my 2000 boxster this morning

Heavy rain, wornout tires and car hydroplaned think for a moment..Car toppled and think it slided few feet on its roof int he trench by side of road,Luckily I had my hardtop on and not a scratch on me
None of the airbags opened up,dont know if my heavy luggage in the front trunk could have contributed to this.
Lights,roof dented,side quarter panel and rear trunk badly damaged..may be damage to sterring and axle too
Any idea who have been in similar wrecks how much the insurance may go up

Chief 05-29-2012 01:18 PM

Hard to say how much insurance will go up. The good thing is you made it without a scratch.

97 Boxster 05-29-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 291991)
Hard to say how much insurance will go up. The good thing is you made it without a scratch.

Ditto on the "glad your OK" part. Sounds crazy.

tenere 05-29-2012 01:32 PM

I cannot be there when the insurance adjuster does the inspection as I will be out of town. will appreciate any heads up on what to expect through the claim process

jb92563 05-29-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenere (Post 291989)
Heavy rain, wornout tires and car hydroplaned think for a moment..Car toppled and think it slided few feet on its roof int he trench by side of road,Luckily I had my hardtop on and not a scratch on me
None of the airbags opened up,dont know if my heavy luggage in the front trunk could have contributed to this.
Lights,roof dented,side quarter panel and rear trunk badly damaged..may be damage to sterring and axle too
Any idea who have been in similar wrecks how much the insurance may go up

If you have a good record without claims you might get a "Forgiven" as far as the insurance increase goes.

However if you have had claims before your rating will go to the beginning rate for 0 years without a claim. Depending on your age, risk group etc it could go up dramatically.

I know a 21 year old that went from 1600/yr to $5000/yr after he Totaled a new Mustang or they could even just drop you entirely. Lots of factors though so its impossible to guess.

I need new rears too, so I wont be driving it in the rain till I get some tread.

Glad you made it OK.

I read that Boxsters have better than average accident survivability for the occupants but are more likely than average to get into an accident in the first place.

Better take a performance driving school to learn you and your cars limits. I have my eye on a course as well since I'm new to Boxsters.

tenere 05-29-2012 02:08 PM

I had not driven the car in 3 months..without a garage the sun might have hardened those tires too.This is my first claim ,I had wreck in miata last year but had only liability on it..I need to take performance drivers course asap,you are right on that

schnellman 05-29-2012 02:35 PM

Glad to hear you're all right. Just before reading your post I ordered new tires from Tire Rack -- and now even happier with my decision.

BoxsterSteve 05-29-2012 03:50 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news.

At least you got out injury-free. People are notoriously expensive to repair.

A car, after all, can be replaced, the driver cannot.

jcb986 05-30-2012 05:37 AM

They will total it....:ah:

SoK 05-30-2012 06:06 AM

During the claims process, be sure to try and negotiate a bit when they make you an offer after totalling it. If you've had recent work done and still have receipts, thats good ammunition to help get that offer up.

It'll probably be a week or 2 before you get the offer.

I'm not sure what the "accident forgiveness" policy is with your company (who are you with? I may know since I sell in Indiana), but if you have 0 accidents, tickets, citations, etc. in the last 5 years (may be 3), you'll more than likely have this forgiven (no direct surcharge for the accident).

Honestly, credit is one of the biggest factors to insurance rates anymore. If you have excellent credit, even if the accident isn't forgiven, it shouldn't change a ton. If it does, PM me and I'll rerate you (I write anywhere in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky).