Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #101

Two more for you, Derb:

Attached Images

Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #102
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lawdy Mercy!

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #103

Sweet 993!
LightngSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #104
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I am so turned on right now!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #105

Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
I get enough Negative reactions every time I drive my Boxster that I rarely make eye contact with anyone. Some people can handle a Porsche conv, some can handle a bright yellow car, but very few can handle both at one time. am
Same same here , don't know what it is, but at times as much as I love the yellow, I wish I had gone for a more conservative colour, but then Hey..it's a sports car.http://www.986forum.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

I think they are just pissed that they don't have one....

I put the hardtop on for the winter (now) and I don't notice any of the crap looks I think the hard top moves it out of the firing line for some reason.
I actually love the hard top look.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #106

While stopped at a light this morning a member of the local constabulary offered to trade his squad car.
opus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #107
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I would have accepted if it meant I got to chase him down with the lights and sirens...

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #108

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
I would have accepted if it meant I got to chase him down with the lights and sirens...
HaHa, I had a similar proposition from a motorcycle cop that stoped next to me at a traffic light. I said it was a deal if I could use the siren & blue light. I didn't think about the hot pursuit scenario!
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #109

Garage
My car seems to get quite a bit of attention, especially from kids. If I'm stopped at a light and a young man says "nice car Mr.". My reply after thanking them is . "Stay in school, and one day you may own one".
Vinney52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #110

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinney52 View Post
My car seems to get quite a bit of attention, especially from kids. If I'm stopped at a light and a young man says "nice car Mr.". My reply after thanking them is . "Stay in school, and one day you may own one".
You forgot to add - "make sure you drink all of your milk" .
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #111

Now that I've had a lot of time driving my Boxster I wanted to revive this thread.

I've gotten mostly positive attention with my car. The first was when I pulled up at a convenience store and my friend ran in to grab some things. I saw this teenager pointing at my car and that seemed to intrigue his friends because by the time my friend came out my car was surrounded and they asked me some questions about it. It was actually kind of uncomfortable. Then, I was at a gas station and this older lady just kept telling me how beautiful my car was. Another gas station incident was when these two guys were walking by my car and I heard the one say, "Why does that guy drive a girl's car?" I was a little pissed until I saw they were driving an old beat up something or another. Jealousy gets you nowhere, I thought. And now recently, I pick up my niece from school occasionally and these two boys always comment on how cool my Ferrari is. I can't help but to laugh every time. The Boxster always gets stares as well, except from cops. I haven't gotten pulled over once, they seem to ignore me.
don330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #112
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I had a teenager at a gas station make the comment, "that's so sexy, I'd "f" it right up the tailpipe". That one made me laugh
Old 02-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #113

Garage
....must have gotten at least 6 positive comments at last weekend's Mardi Gras parade....

the best one was as it was parked ...top down and I was standing on the sidewalk checking my phone next to it (waiting for my wife to grab something from a store) and this 25 year old walks by and asks - "how much that guy paying you to watch his car?"
Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #114

I tend to have people stare when I drive with the top down. It's puzzled staring by teenage boys, and drop-jawed gaping by guys in pickup trucks.

When I fill the tank, people tend to walk up with some kind of comment, "Nice car", or my favorite "I'll trade you!"
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #115
Mobile Porsche Surgeon

My car draws attention, but in life we are never satisfied as I spoted a RUF slant noses turbo for sale, this car has balls.

http://www.mikesspecialtyautomotiveservice.com/index.html
Early 1996 / 97 Boxster, 130 k, De snorkeled, IMS, Top Speed Headers.
kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #116

Garage
Update.....

Filling up with gas this weekend and a young kid (maybe 9 or 10) asks if I went to college. I say yes and ask why he wants to know. He walks around the pump without answering (stranger danger I guess), and tells his mom what I said. She leans her head around the pump and says:

"They said you had a nice car, and I told them if they went to college and worked hard they could have one too."

Didn't know the Boxster was a motivational speaker too

Ka is a wheel, and everything is 19
Coffinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinhunter View Post
Update.....

Filling up with gas this weekend and a young kid (maybe 9 or 10) asks if I went to college. I say yes and ask why he wants to know. He walks around the pump without answering (stranger danger I guess), and tells his mom what I said. She leans her head around the pump and says:

"They said you had a nice car, and I told them if they went to college and worked hard they could have one too."

Didn't know the Boxster was a motivational speaker too
I had a similar experience this past September. I was at our church school in the Milwaukee's central city, and a 9-10 y-o asked me what kind of car it was. I told him, and he replied, "Wow. I wish I had one of those."

I told him if he studies hard in school and works really hard and saves his money when he grows up as I did, he probably will.

So, yeah. Use it to motivate the young. They'll be paying whatever Social Security we get in 10-30 years.

DBear

dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote