Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
Usually when a car is owned for 30-60 days it means that the owner (private party or a dealer) bought the car with the intention to immediatley re-sell it (flip it) and the next owner likely intended to do the same.

Their business model is basically churning over cars as fast as possible while making ~$500 per car. Move 10 cars a month and you've got a decent business that you can run out of your cousins empty storage lot or warehouse.

Got ya, I have a line on the car I want 2,300 miles. My money doesn't arrive for six weeks. Trying to get a dealer to take a substantial down payment to hold even with a purchase commitment is a tough sell. I might have to just watch the other cars I like sell for six more weeks unless the sales guy I'm talking with can sell his sales manager..

Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #22

Garage
Ghost,

The dossier that I have on you indicates, as a teenager you defrauded Columbia House Records for approximately $66.00 . Is this true ?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #23
Ex Esso kid

Naw wrong guy, I never liked their small print (9 more at "regular club prices") besides, I already told you I have a real deal tough guy in my family not a pretend one, I know what the dealio is. I'm sure some of his pals were in on the Somalian rescue, he used to run out of Italy to there...

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 01-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
Naw wrong guy, I never liked their small print (9 more at "regular club prices") besides, I already told you I have a real deal tough guy in my family not a pretend one, I know what the dealio is. I'm sure some of his pals were in on the Somalian rescue, he used to run out of Italy to there...
Does Somalia have a Craigslist ?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Does Somalia have a Craigslist ?

They have pirates, less than they once had but .....
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
Registered Boxster abuser

Craigslist is a good place to find bargains but you have to be smart, lots of scammers on free ad sites.

Expect a lot of interested calls, no shows, and low ball offers if you are selling.
healthservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #27

Mint 2000 Boxster S with 22,000 miles on it. Meet me at Jakes's Mall behind the Starbucks between 11 and 12 tonite. I only will take cash. Oh, the is key missing so I had to hot wire it. $7500 cash, I leave the country tomorrow at 10am. MUST SELL.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
Mint 2000 Boxster S with 22,000 miles on it. Meet me at Jakes's Mall behind the Starbucks between 11 and 12 tonite. I only will take cash. Oh, the is key missing so I had to hot wire it. $7500 cash, I leave the country tomorrow at 10am. MUST SELL.
That has syndicate written all over it .
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminC View Post
I would leave out the third paragraph. If you don't want to sell it, why is it listed on CL? Putting in the bit about losing a job etc will certainly bring in the lowballers and scammers. Not to mention the part about a sports car being owned by a kid fresh from college...

The ad should be about the car, not you!
I guess you missed the part about not really needing or wanting to sell it and just putting it on there to see if I get some hits. The situation is I love this car and its been really good to me but if someone wants to take it off my hands at 14gs, that's 14gs less debt I'll be in.

Honestly I can't imagine not having this car, so I'm thinking of using my tax $ to do the IMS retrofit and just keeping it...

To add to the first list I got an offer today for a 1990 Supra making "800hp"
Old 01-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake D View Post
I guess you missed the part about not really needing or wanting to sell it and just putting it on there to see if I get some hits. The situation is I love this car and its been really good to me but if someone wants to take it off my hands at 14gs, that's 14gs less debt I'll be in.
I didn't miss it. That was the point- if you don't want to sell it, why is it on CL? Potential buyers and tire kickers are not the only ones wasting peoples time out there in classified land...

Have fun either way
Old 01-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #31
WV Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
all i have is $6000 and a girl friend that I wont be needing after we meet. I will throw her in and no returns. Can we make it around 12:30.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 AM   #32

Many years ago (pre CL) when selling a car I had a good old boy from Kentucky offer cash and some of his best hunting dogs for it, he was dead serious. And no it wasn't old Sam in the avatar although he is indeed a heckuva birder.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminC View Post
I didn't miss it. That was the point- if you don't want to sell it, why is it on CL? Potential buyers and tire kickers are not the only ones wasting peoples time out there in classified land...

Have fun either way
Cause to me, everything is for sale. I don't want to not have my boxster but if someone offers me 14gs it wont be in my garage anymore. Then I go the complete opposite way and start building my 63 Chevy panel truck instead.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #34

Update: Have some guy who came out and looked at the car and offered me $12gs for it. I think thats a little low, but I might just take it and move on. Meeting with them again tomorrow, and we will see what happens
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvboxst3r View Post
all i have is $6000 and a girl friend that I wont be needing after we meet. I will throw her in and no returns. Can we make it around 12:30.

Send pictures of girlfriend.....

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #36

I think you mentioned in another thread that you worked as a mechanic for many years.
I would include that in the title or description "professional mechanic owned".

My indy is restoring an old Carrera. I'd buy with a lot more confidence from a mechanic than a non-enthusiast.

p.s.
I posted an ad online for old car. I had a phone call within 45 seconds of hitting the send button. The guy was already trying to low ball me. LOL
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #37

Nice, I'm currently shopping and saw your add. Its funny the offers you'll get, I was selling a snowboard earlier this year and some of the offers I had where just awesome. good luck with the sale

1969 ossi blue 912
:ah:
skota is offline   Reply With Quote