Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #1

Garage
Cleaning Dash and Doors

I have the Savannah Beige interior and have tried several things to get the plastic dash and door panels clean. Nothing I have tried really works.

It seems that the small honey comb type dents in the plastic are always a little dirty?????

Has anyone had luck cleaning the Beige interior really well?

Attached Images

Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged

Last edited by John99Boxster; 12-27-2011 at 05:42 AM.
John99Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #2

In vehicles with plastic interior parts I use 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner. For your leather you should use a good leather cleaner/conditioner. For that I use Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. There are many good products out there. I use a micro-fibre cloth that grips and lifts the dust.

Last edited by DenverSteve; 12-29-2011 at 10:12 PM.
DenverSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #3

Garage
Thanks Denver....Its almost like I want to take a brush and scrub the hell out of it to get the grime out of the indents..

Maybe it is as clean as it gets and Im just too picky.
Ocean Blue Metallic/Savannah Beige | Tiptronic | Custom Rear Spoiler | 17" Turbo twist | Red Brembo Calipers | GAHH Top w/Glass Window | Tinted Windows | Cruise Control | Leather Interior | Heated Seats | Color Wheel Caps | Traction Control | Debadged
Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 AM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
I've had good luck with Vinylex on plastic parts. It's from the Lexol line of products. It can usually be found locally at Pep Boys or similar parts stores.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #5

John99, Nice interior ! looks clean to me. Drink holder ? Also, cig lighter hot all the time ? Max
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
John99, Nice interior ! looks clean to me. Drink holder ? Also, cig lighter hot all the time ? Max
Hey Max....thanks...picture looks better than real condition. Dont get me wrong...it is very clean. I am just very particular when it comes to the Boxster.

Yep, cheap drink holder....slides between seat and center console.:dance:

Cig lighter is hot all of the time but, I dont leave anything attached to drain the batt.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Found out over 10 years ago that Turtle wax spray is a wonderful cleaner. My 928 with the beige interior was filthy around the vents, seat and little crevasses on the door and dash when I purchased her. Taking and spraying down with TW, I take a clean white shop towel and give everything a good wiping (Q-tips for the really small areas) all the black gunk came right out. This also works very well on leather and glass.

On the inside glass, it actually prevents rapid build up of the plastersizing film caused from the chemicals from the interior dashboard. As for concern over what this can do to leather, I follow up with a treatment of mink oil or saddle soap...however my dash and panels remain clean and look showroom new.

For my boxster I just purchased, it brought the entire inside back to life and removed scuffs and other smudged areas that had not been well cleaned.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #8

magic eraser will work and surprise you!

Won't hurt anything either.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #9
Administrator

We're bumping this old thread because some of you here said you like to use Einszett. That brand has now been reborn as Nextzett, retaining their same products and lead chemist.

This week only, the entire Nextzett line of car care products is 10% off! This includes Perls Shampoo, Blitz Cleaner, Cockpit Premium, ColourTec Wheel Cleaner and the ultimate in rubber protection, Gummi Pflege! There are plenty of other products too, all designed to restore any surface on your vehicle to its original luster.

For 10% off, enter promo code NEXT10 at Step #4 during checkout where it says, "Have a Promo Code? Apply it now."

Shop Nextzett now or browse the rest of our car care products section!

Matt at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote