Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #21

Don't compare the Boxster to the BMW's. The E36 and E46 have really weak rear shock mounts. I know I have an example of all three cars.

I would echo checking for aftermarket springs, my 98 when stock was pretty plush for a sports car. Also as noted tires are springs and make a big difference in ride quality.

MaxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #22

Garage
Is the ID tag still in the inside of the trunk lid? The parts list I had off the internet does not say exact years but the id does look like -99 (before 99) could have a M030 code. If this number is on the tag you could have a heavier suspension installed and not know it. Heaver spring, struts, and swaybars. Just another thought.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #23

Garage
Check the DOT date codes on all tires if they are older than 4 years that is contributing to your problem. Also look for small cracks in the sidewalls especially close to the wheel rims. What brand & size tires do you have? Springs is the other thing to check.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote