Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 AM   #41

FWIW I'm almost certain that the video posted earlier was of all 991 911s, no?

jakekit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #42
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I think the last few cars could have indeed been a Cayman and Boxster (the point at which the video taker stopped walking, not the end of the line of cars), since the intakes were similar to a Boxster and not like those of a 911 Turbo (clearly spotted in that line earlier.)

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #43
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam View Post
Well I guess those photos are wrong.... because it looks nothing like what's in the video!!!

Porsche 991 Woke me up this morning in SF!!! - YouTube
If you look at these pictures closely, there is a panel covering the vent area behind the doors, hiding the vent details. There also seems to be some odd reflections in the leading edge of door itself that might suggest a cover over the door too. I think all of the 981's that we've seen so far were just well camouflaged now that I look at it.

You can also see the sweeping spoiler here now that you know what to look for.

2012 Porsche Boxster 981 spy shots | News | Auto Express
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #44
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
A friend of mine took a look at these photos and feels that this car might actually be smaller than my 986. I feel just the opposite, while I know he may be right, but the car just appears to be massive with the driver looking so small in the images. It seems like the car's gaining mass, which I hope is not the case. I will say, though, the first thing that popped out of his mouth was "looks like an MR2".
All reports are that the new car grows a couple inches in length but loosing weight thanks to aluminum body panels. It still will be heavier than the 986 though, I would bet.

To the eye, the car looks smaller in proportion to the wheels, but the wheels are huge. There was a bus ad in Denver where they painted a Ford Mustang onto the side of the bus, using the buses wheels for the Mustang. It looked great until you realized that the Mustang was HUGE!

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote