Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1
trans/diff. fluid change

Can anyone tell me where or what the transverse panel is ? I need to change my 75/90 lube after replaceing axles,seals etc. and can't find the plug, it is under this panel.

Thanks in advance

acbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Registered User
Steve Tinker's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,522
The panel is the large alloy triangulated section bolted to the chassis rails. You have to remove the plate to access the gearbox drain plug.
Note that the plate is a very tight fit over its retaining studs and may need a little (gentle) persuasion to remove....
2001 Boxster S (triple black). Sleeping easier with LN Engineering/Flat 6 IMS upgrade, low temp thermostat & underspeed pulley.
2001 MV Agusta F4.
Steve Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: It's a kind of magic.....
Posts: 5,188
Looks like this:

Anything really new is invented only in one’s youth. Later, one becomes more experienced, more famous – and more stupid.” - Albert Einstein
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page