Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #21

And I just ordered a new ignition switch. Hopefully that fixes the alarm/windows. I don't have high hopes, though.

rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #22

The absolute best shop that you can take your Boxster to for repairs is Heyer Performance in Mountain View. Tony owns the place and is the most honest guy I've ever had work on my cars. Also his mechanic Wes is top-notch as I just had all of the clutch/flywheel/RMS/IMS upgrade and much much more done by them with no issues whatsoever. Why would you take your Boxster to German Autokraft who doesn't even know what an IMS is? Besides, I used to take my Porsches to that shop and never liked the people much. They'll quote you one price when you take your car in and another much higher price without warning when it's time to pick the car up. Tell Tony that Trevor with the yellow Boxster S sent you.
PorscheG96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheG96
The absolute best shop that you can take your Boxster to for repairs is Heyer Performance in Mountain View. Tony owns the place and is the most honest guy I've ever had work on my cars. Also his mechanic Wes is top-notch as I just had all of the clutch/flywheel/RMS/IMS upgrade and much much more done by them with no issues whatsoever. Why would you take your Boxster to German Autokraft who doesn't even know what an IMS is? Besides, I used to take my Porsches to that shop and never liked the people much. They'll quote you one price when you take your car in and another much higher price without warning when it's time to pick the car up. Tell Tony that Trevor with the yellow Boxster S sent you.
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call in the morning.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #24

Heyer Performance:
Clutch + flywheel + labour and tax = $2700
IMS = $1300

FML.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #25

Called a local dealership, and they quoted $1700 for the clutch and another $1200 for the flywheel, if it needs done.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #26

After some investigation today, I found out that there were aftermarket speakers and amp in my Boxster. Problem is, the previous owner removed the AMP, leaving me with me no sound system. Cheap-much.

Replacement AMP ordered; should fix the radio issues..