Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
2 fast 4 U

Care care Products

I was wondering if any of you guys know what is the best site to by care care products for cars. I am in Canada so a Canadian site would probably be easier to deal with. What do you guys think of eshine.ca

Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #2

I order a lot of stuff from eshine... looks like I'll have to order 5 liter of P21S wheel cleaner very soon...
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

I've been buying my P21S from The Detailing Shop
(no affiliation)
Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #4

Hi,

I use a number of products on my 986 and can recomend a few. Do you polish by hand or machine? If by machine and its a random orbital polisher, I can suggest the following:

Wash - any product is fine, even tide dishwash fluid is good (use two buckets, one to rinse the microfiber cloth in before dunking into the clean soap water)

Dry - quality chamois or microfiber towl.

Clay - Clay magic make a nice kit, claying is a very important step most people leave out. (can wash again after this, but I dont think its necessary)

Heavy Cut I use a Lake Country CCS Orange pad and Menzerna Power gloss cutting compound with my polisher set at about half speed

Medium Cut Lake Country CCS White pad and Menzerna Power finish polish compound, speed set about 2/3rds

Fine Cut Lake Country CCS Grey pad and Menzerna Final Finish fine polish compound, speed set to full.

Sealant Zaino Clear seal. I use this because my car is artic silver, hard to get depth out of light coloured cars, but Zaino CS makes the paint really pop. If it were a darker colour (anything other than silver or white) I'd use Pinnacle Liquid Soverign Wax. This is applied by hand, just wipe on and let set (dont buff off)

The rest P21S gold wheel cleaner is safe on our (and all) wheels, Poorboys bold and bright tyre shine, Poorboys spray gloss quick detailer, etc.

That being said (im sure you can tell) I have a bit of a hobby of detailing cars at home!

Regards,
Sam
sparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
2 fast 4 U

discount code

How can we get a discount code for eshine products.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #6

Garage
Only suggestion I can add is use a car wash specific product. Dish soap and shampoo both remove your wax every time you use it and are not made for modern paint finishes. Polishes and waxes are all user specific but the clay step is most important and if you drop your clay throw it away.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #7

Auto Care Car

I can't help you on Canadian companies but attached is a link to Autogeek in Stuart Florida that I buy all of my products from and recently attended a car car class. they are always running specials and over x amount usually free shipping. Great company to deal with.

http://www.autogeek.net/

Burt

Ruby is offline   Reply With Quote