Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #1

CD player help

I have a CDR 220 and lately my cd that is playing will cut off completely when I hit a bump or accelerate hard. This is not beyond any limits that have been crossed before but now it's happening for all of my cd's and for the past couple months. I can only think that I changed a setting similar to how cd walkmans have that ESP protection for a certain time. Can anyone shed some light on why this may be happening. It is kinda old (2k) but I am convinced that it's something simple that I changed inadvertently. Bear in mind that it works completely fine when I am at a stop and this just started happening recently. I know that if I do something crazy then of course the cd player will not be able to read because of the vibration, but it's not nearly that intense when I'm driving. Have owned the car for a couple years so I know what should/shouldn't be working. Thanks.

Last edited by Viper5; 03-25-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

Try cleaning the contacts between the faceplate and the main body with some alcohol.

The jolt of the bump may be breaking the contact long enough to create your problem.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #3

This may be a bit silly on my part, but ever since I had the car, the service manual always rested between the cd player and the spare tire. I thought maybe the book kept knocking into the player causing it to skip so I removed the manual and placed it elsewhere and that seems to have fixed it. I don't know why all of a sudden the book started to affect the player but I'll just have to find another spot for it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote