Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #21
Pat

I just looked at the top of my shock towers to assess the camber situation. It looks like they dialed out as much camber as they possibly could. There is a ton of room to add more. :dance:
Looks like an alignment is in my future.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #22

power on oversteer

Great thread! Sorry diverge a bit:

I have a great deal of trouble balancing the Box (stock S with 15/23spacers) while in power on oversteer ( I hope this is the right term). Things seem a lot different in this car. Yes I am a novice driver and as some of you may have guessed already this would be in less than dry conditions. What is the single most disruptive driver input in this case? I would think coming of the throttle too abruptly would be the worst, second: over counter steer.

The slide is great fun until I come to my senses and want to properly correct it. What is the proper technique?
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay
Great thread! Sorry diverge a bit:

I have a great deal of trouble balancing the Box (stock S with 15/23spacers) while in power on oversteer ( I hope this is the right term). Things seem a lot different in this car. Yes I am a novice driver and as some of you may have guessed already this would be in less than dry conditions. What is the single most disruptive driver input in this case? I would think coming of the throttle too abruptly would be the worst, second: over counter steer.

The slide is great fun until I come to my senses and want to properly correct it. What is the proper technique?

the trick is to manage your angle of attack. in a front engine car with a long hood, you can throw the rear WAY out and the heavy weight of the engine up front acts as an anchor, helping to pull the rear back in line. in a mid engined car with all the weight at the center, it's very easy to pass the point of no return. the RATE of rotation will also be quicker, so the driver will have to react faster. react is really the wrong word; you almost have to anticipate & start dialing in correction ahead of time. practice and be careful!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #24

Yes, definitely.....but I actually feel that I am over correcting and getting back end fish tailing as a result! It could be that I am letting off the throttle when I shouldn't
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay
Yes, definitely.....but I actually feel that I am over correcting and getting back end fish tailing as a result! It could be that I am letting off the throttle when I shouldn't
usually the fish tail is a result of getting behind in your corrections.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote