Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 AM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStiebers
Specifically to get off topic. Johnny Danger i like, no, i love the fiberglass. Did you put them on, and what are they. You can Pm me if we do not fit in.
Its a Hamann Body kit. The installation involved weeks on end of custom fitting and painting. A very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$xpensive project indeed !!!!!!

Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycool
is it me or has this thread gone all Jerry Springer?!?! Put your hands up who was cringeing whilst reading it....

Anywayz congrats on the yellow peril johnny danger, the yellow seems to pull the kit into a tighter package than i've seen this kit on different coloured cars before, very sharp indeed!!

Oh well, must get back to taking the milk churns back in my boxster! think i'll drop off the tin cans i collected and then head to the bank to get rid of that sack full of cash thats been sat in the passenger footwell for months! Damn! don't you just hate it when the hole in your shoe gets caught on your gemballa gas pedal
:ah: :ah: :ah:
Have you seen many "Hamann" boxsters in the UK ? I only know of two that exist. Mine here in the US, and another in Japan.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:52 AM   #23

Cool car preference color /brand etc..

folks,
just to put in my cents.. what the #$@ are we talking about particular models / colors or even options on a car of our choice?? like someone said, we are in this forum to have a pleasant exchange of ideas and experiences. At the end of the day whatever pleases you or what color you want or how much you can or cannot afford is solely your own business!!!
nobody here has a braaging right to impose or impress on anybody!! your financial or social standing is your own! if you want to be a respected Porsche driver/owner GOOD.. If you want to be an arrogant %$@#@ it's only you, and don't even try to contaminate the rest of us !! we are just no nonsense car enthusiasts.. just enjoy your ride.. Life is too short to waste !
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastorange

dallison appears by his post to be someone who likes. to have "look at me cars", and is upset because someone in his neighborhood one-upped him by buying a yellow 996....or I could be wrong

not even close. why would i consider that one upping me? No one is trying to have the best looking car. I choose to buy older cars than new cars. While it's nice to buy a new one, i don't need the payment or depreciation.

I don't even think he did a joneses move, where he wanted to get something nicer than me.

I was intrigued why he bought a yellow p-car, but i can appreciate what he purchased.

I have had friends that would buy something after i did, a "me too" purchase. That's what came to mind, but i know this is the car he has always wanted.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #25

So the point of this thread is why did your neighbor buy a yellow 911? How would any of us know or why would we even care? My guess is he likes Porsches and it happened to be yellow. Dallison, if you want to know so bad why don't you go ask him? And whether you choose to believe it or not, you came off sounding really pompous. Personally I think you're jealous and don't like the fact that he has a nicer more expensive car, you just don't want to admit it. If it didn't bother you then this pointless thread would've never popped up in the first place.

Last edited by Adam; 03-31-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #26

[QUOTE=fastorange]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
FastOrange, I would advise you reword your comment. Posts like that are unnecessary and are not tolerated here.

If someone who is worth several million chooses to live in a 150k 3 or 4 bedroom house in a decent suburban neighborhood they are "living below their means" which means they can afford to live elsewhere at a higher cost of living.

He does not give Porsche owners a bad name, it is people that are ignorant, and you sir posted a very ignorant comment.

Players,

I choose not to reword anything....the more I read the original post, the more it smacks of arrogance. Do any of us give a crap if somenone worth supposed "several million" lives in a suburb that is obviously, by his description, below his class? He states that it would be a lifetime dream for a 1st time homebuyer, trailer owner, or older owner.... Do you not see the incredible arrogance of those statements?

If you think I am ignorant for saying so, so be it. I'd like to think that up here in cattle herding North Dakota, we don't judge people by what they drive. The guy in the beat up pickup could be a millionaire farmer or rancher, and the guy in the boxster is a wannabe rich guy....dallison appears by his post to be someone who likes. to have "look at me cars", and is upset because someone in his neighborhood one-upped him by buying a yellow 996....or I could be wrong
For what it's worth, I honestly thought the same thing when I first read this thread...

But since the OP clarified this was not his intent, please post up pictures of a side by side shot with your neighbor!
DANMKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANMKII
For what it's worth, I honestly thought the same thing when I first read this thread...

But since the OP clarified this was not his intent, please post up pictures of a side by side shot with your neighbor!
It may take a while but i will get pics of both side by side somehow.......

adam, i can understand how you would think what was said is jealousy, but i know that buying a sweet car requires hard work and smart spending. I am not looking to change anyones' mind or perception in any way but i am not a jealous person. It was his money, but a similar situation would be if i got a new sienna minivan and my neighbor just bought one after i had, it would look like a copycat. I hope that he asks for help and i can find out if i really want to buy one(yes i do want a 996/997 but not right now)
Old 03-31-2010, 01:56 PM   #28

Garage
Lets end this funny

This is a real pic that I took down the street from my office about a month or so ago. I walked up to this car and determined it was the real deal. So, how do you think these folks neighbors feel about their new car?

I hope I loaded this pic right. Like I said, I took it myself and it was real, and funny.

sean
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4
This is a real pic that I took down the street from my office about a month or so ago. I walked up to this car and determined it was the real deal. So, how do you think these folks neighbors feel about their new car?

I hope I loaded this pic right. Like I said, I took it myself and it was real, and funny.

sean
i'd crap my pants.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4

sean
That 512/Testarossa looks a little suspect to me ??
Old 03-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
dbw

Dallison,
Funny you should stay in your first home and I say that with respect. One of my brothers has stayed in his first home for well over 20 years with no intention of leaving. Me, I have a small condo. Where I am going with this is that selecting a more modest home frees up cash to pursue other things....in this case our love of these fine cars. It's all about choices. I still get a charge out of my Boxster. I've had it for a year now. There will be more.
Dave
dbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #32

Porsche lovers are sports car lovers and the Boxster is one of the best examples of a premium ride. Fun to drive and even maintain. We come from mall walks of life. Doctors, dentists, mechanics, gas station owners, computer geeks...heck, I was at corner the other day on a red light. Guy had a sign, I am Carless, need money for a nice pre-owned Boxster with low miles. Can you spare $100. I love it. I see a lot of guys here with no picture tied to your post, why.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote