Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #1

What did you get for Christmas 2009?

Porsche related stuff. What did you get? Was it what you wanted or were you expecting something better/diff?

I asked for and got clear side lights. Santa has a set of new floor mats that I'll get in the morning (shh, don't tell that I saw them under the bed).

And I got the go ahead to buy a Zeintop (quote "if I really want one"). I'm on the fence with the Zeintop. I may just keep the cash and buy a Cayman when I save enough.

lizBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #2

Belt with BMW buckle & a Mortar and Pestle were the most outstanding, and from my wife

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #3

Santa brought me coal again...guess I'm on my own.

At least the house will be warm.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #4

Wifey and I bought each other tickets to Seattle to visit oldest daughter and family for Christmas. Daughter is a doc at Ft. Lewis hospital and doesn't get her break until Sunday, so the 27th is Christmas here. Kids are 2.5 and 7 months, so they won't know the difference. I also upgraded the tickets to first class at the airport - 140 bucks each for the two flights. It was welllllll worth it. It's funny how cheap the upgrades are when you check in - if they are available - as opposed to how much extra 1st class is when making reservations.

Now for the good part - what I bought myself!!!
New OZ Alleggerita HLT wheels in Anthracite color with new Sumitoma HTR ZIII tires!!
The fronts are 18" x 8.5" with 235/40-18s and the rears are 18" x 10" with 265/40-18s. I like the wider wheels with the stock size tires for added stability. It seems to restrict sidewall flexing by having the tire sidewalls at somewhat of a penthouse shape rather than vertical. They also look great.
To go along I had a set of Cayman side grilles painted to match the wheels. They will be ready when I return home on the 30th.
I also crawled around on the ground at the front of the car to black-out the cross-bars in the front rad openings, leaving just the outline in the original silver.
Watch for pics in the show and tell section and a new sig-pic around the 31st!!

I hope everyone else got to spend some on themselves for Christmas, or better yet, has a spouse who "gets it!!"
Old 12-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #5

Nothing Pcar related this year due to the crappy recession, but I did get a new pair of shoes and an Incra jig for my table saw.

Slim year for giving and receiving. The recession took its toll, but frankly, we have to put a bunch of these on our house in three weeks and all our cash has been saved for it:
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Tons of gift cards for Petsmart from relatives for my two dogs. Money. Gym clothes and shoes. Tools.

It was a good Christmas.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #7

Keychain

I bought a Pastel Yellow 99 a few months ago and saw the colored keychains on ebay. I made my family aware that it might be a nice Christmas gift, and sure enough my daughter bought one for me. Of course I gave her a hard time about the key chain being Speed Yellow and not Pastel Yellow, she told me to "get over it". It is a nice gift and I like it very much. Merry Christmas, Bill
wmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #8

Need I say more... I got an air freshener.

But I also got a Viper car starter and alarm system

Last edited by PlayersExpress; 12-25-2009 at 10:45 AM.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #9

My Christmas present....

My wife took the hint and bought me a new torque wrench - a really nice, high quality one too that can torque up the rear wheel nut on my MV Agusta to 240Nm....
It will supercede my 1979 Britool torque wrench that only goes up to 65Nm.

And I bought myself some new wheel bearings $ seals for the MV's rear hub (a known weakness), so guess what I will be doing in a couple of days when the family leaves for home !!!
Steve Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #10

christmas

I got $ towards an overhead garage heater... A new one will cost me $570 and I'm about 1/2 way there. Anyone know where to get a used overhead garage heater?
JL Audio 6.5 inch subs (in the door)
Pyramid 4 channel amp
chitowndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #11

Went out on a limb an bought a Sony Bravia LED tv that was on sale in Best Buy with the home sound system and a blue ray disc player. Watched Clint Eastwood's 'Gran Torino' on it and the clarity was as good as the film itself. Even regular analog sat. reception is better. We will get a HD receiver and sat. disc this spring.

Get a set of Zimmerman perforated rotors, not because I needed them but because I wanted them!!! I enjoy fussing around with the Boxcar.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #12

Got "Porsche High-Performance Driving Handbook", "Porsche - the Fine Art of the Sports Car", and my subscription to "Excellence" extended a year.
CenterIsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Nothing Porsche related this year. Although I am planning to use some of my Christmas cash to buy a replacement vanity mirror since mine broke and maybe a Porsche lanyard for my spare key.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #14

2010 X5 diesel. It's ALMOST seal grey. The Boxster needed a big brother.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:05 AM   #15

Low cash holiday, all my gifts to give were hand made projects including one refinished family antique. All the car money this year is being diverted to the Fiat 124, no turbo torque for my Boxster. Anyhow, given the condition and age of the Fiat I'm sure all restoration can be considered as good as money in the bank, besides my dad is 82 he can't do the projects without my assistance, just like when I was learning..

Considering how many 98 Boxsters are out there and the scarcity of 124's, I'm sure the Fiat is worth almost as much if not already more than the P car.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 12-26-2009 at 03:42 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #16

GAHH...

so in a few months i'll have a top for sale - '01 black plastic window good shape.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Santa brought me a new job at id Software working on DOOM 4!!! :troll:

02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #18

My wife gave me a wind deflector for the 987, though it won't be installed until Spring. My favorite gift this year is a Sargent saddle for the Aprilia.... Tom

Triumph Sprint 1050

Last edited by Werks; 12-28-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #19

I got a brand new Porsche Boxster!!!................. license plate frame.
And a new white Porsche baseball cap.

And some household tools, new wood chisels and ear muffs.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #20

We had a very good year, so we bought our familys a few nicer things then usual. I did buy my wife a new watch, one which she's admired for a while.

941MXVET is offline   Reply With Quote