Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2005, 05:00 AM   #1

windstop

Have ordered a new windstop/deflector for my 01 boxster...any suggestions on the install of it? Do I need to drill holes in the roll bar for the install or can the monting brackets be glued on? Thanks for your help....

jboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:43 AM   #2

Talking

I am presuming your car did not come with the stop as a factory installed option? If not, are there any instructions from Porsche that came with the kit?
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:56 AM   #3

You don't need to drill. The holes are already there, beneath the roll bar padding. The roll bar padding can be removed by hand, but you have to pull very hard.

You will also need a rivet gun, to put the rivets in, or some small screws would probably do the trick also.

The hardest part is removing the roll bar padding - the 2 hoops and the center piece. It's on there tight. Be careful not to loose the little plastic things that hold the roll bar padding in place.

The dealer wants $190 for the labor to do the install. I asked. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Good Luck,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #4

Pull the roll bar padding off and see if the holes for the rivets are there. If not then they need to be drilled.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #5

My clear windscreen rattles so badly that I have come up with a new design and will hopefully produce it for sale. Guaranteed to cost far less and eliminate all rattling or your money back!

I'm gonna get some roll bar hoops manufactured while I'm at it and sell those too. They're rediculously priced from the dealer AND the stolen (oops, I meant "used") ones sold on Ebay for that matter!

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote